2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow civic owners, this is my first post and I'm looking for a little advice.

So, at first I was having A/C issues where I would have the system gassed then the A/C would work for a day or two and then stop. I suspected a slow leak but after taking it back to the garage they checked for this and could. It find anything. They re-gassed and sent me on my way. The same thing happened and two days later I was back.
Since this time the A/C is now working but the heating now doesn't work unless I turn it right up to high. Basically I get cold air blowing from low until I get to high.

Could this be the thermostat? Is there a sensor that is faulty? It's driving me mad and as the weather is changing I really want it fixed.

Sorry for the long post but any ideas???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
It could be the connector to the cabin temp sensor which soneone posted about recently? It is behind the lower facia I think and difficult to put back on.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
If you look at the facia towards the bottom left of your steering wheel, you'll see a few little slots on the facia. The sensor is in there. Mine came away and I had problems where the heating was all over the place. The facia itself is pretty easy to remove by gently pulling at it, if I can remember correctly, there's a couple of screws yu need to remove too. The wire that connects to the sensor is just long enough and no more to fit and allow you to get it plugged back in, took me ages and some choice language to get it sorted. Sounds like you have the same issue. Good luck..

There is a guide on here somewhere on exactly how to do it as that's how I found out what to do but maybe it's just me but the search facility on the forum is not the best.. Plenty of decent folk on here though who'll offer help and advice..

And if you become a supporter, you may be a dried up husk of a Skelleton sitting in the corner somewhere in the next Millennia waiting for your Civinfo sticker :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts