2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that MPG has been discussed over and over and over but it seems they are all about keeping the number high, using higher RON fuels, conserative driving etc.

Anyway I bought the Type R to drive it hard and that I do, currently on 18MPG but I've had the battery disconnected about 4 times over the last 4 weeks so not sure if it keeps resetting or not.

So on the other end of the scale for the heavy right footed whats your MPG?

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
I know that MPG has been discussed over and over and over but it seems they are all about keeping the number high, using higher RON fuels, conserative driving etc.

Anyway I bought the Type R to drive it hard and that I do, currently on 18MPG but I've had the battery disconnected about 4 times over the last 4 weeks so not sure if it keeps resetting or not.

So on the other end of the scale for the heavy right footed whats your MPG?
Mine gets about 32 mpg over a tank. It is modified and I hammer it!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that's 2 already in there 30's! I forgot to mention I do school runs everyday too so that is a slow go.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
So that's 2 already in there 30's! I forgot to mention I do school runs everyday too so that is a slow go.
That probabky expkajns it. I live in the country and most of my roads are A or motorway

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
220 to a tank before modding, 275-290 now.

8ish mpg on track

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Commuting with a few gp traffic light starts, blasts where I can I get 26 and on a run I get 30. That’s with a remap though, before I was 21-23 commuting and the best I saw was 28. Not a car for mpg but that’s the fun of it.
Did you know you have 2 mpg avs a and b and you can reset them any time? ( sorry if you already know)

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Commuting with a few gp traffic light starts, blasts where I can I get 26 and on a run I get 30. That’s with a remap though, before I was 21-23 commuting and the best I saw was 28. Not a car for mpg but that’s the fun of it.
Did you know you have 2 mpg avs a and b and you can reset them any time? ( sorry if you already know)
No I have no idea about that, I am a Civic newbie only owned the car for about 4-5 weeks. Never owned a Civic or a Honda for that matter prior to that. Only thing I have learned so far is keep checking oil seems to be the most important thing.

I still can't figure out the air conditioning, cruise control and half the other buttons, there is one that says VSA no idea what that does I pressed it and some light came on lol, some other switches that I don't understand, there is a manual but I haven't had time to read it yet though.

I will look further into the a and b thing though thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
No I have no idea about that, I am a Civic newbie only owned the car for about 4-5 weeks. Never owned a Civic or a Honda for that matter prior to that. Only thing I have learned so far is keep checking oil seems to be the most important thing.

I still can't figure out the air conditioning, cruise control and half the other buttons, there is one that says VSA no idea what that does I pressed it and some light came on lol, some other switches that I don't understand, there is a manual but I haven't had time to read it yet though.

I will look further into the a and b thing though thanks for the info.
Ok, if you toggle through the menu with the i button till you come to the ave mpg, then press and release the reset button it will switch between the a and b ave mpg reading. If you press and hold the i button it will reset the the ave mpg and start recalculating again. So you could do it on a motorway run say on B to see what it is or leave it running on A while commuting. HTH

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Cruise control, press the cruise control button so it says cruise main on the dash. When you want to use cruise press the set button and it will set at the speed you’re doing. If you want to go faster press the top of the set button (acc) and it will increase the speed, press the bottom of the button and it will decrease the speed. I think it does it in 1-2 mph increments ever time you press it.
As soon as you press the brake or clutch it disengages the cruise control. To get back to the speed last set speed (unless you’ve turn the car off or restarted it) just press the top of the set button (says reset) and it will take you back to the last set speed. So if set at 70 and your doing 40, it will eccelerate up to 70 ot down if doing 80.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Air con, press auto and choose what temp you want it lol

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
VSA (vehicle stability assistance) basically controls the car from wheel spinning or sliding. Cuts the power or adds the brakes to pull the car straight.
If the light is on the dash, the VSA is turned off. You will have to turn it off every time you start the car if you want it off. Some say, you can accelerate off quicker without it on. Turn it off in the snow or you’ll go nowhere.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Mine's standard and I got 33 on a run to Oxford (300m round trip) using as much cruise as I could @ 70-75 mph, my commute involves 2 very steep hills each way so getting 26-28 on that.

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info Bones you went out of your way with that one so thank you for that :)

I don't like the sound of that VSA thing and my air conditioning blows hot not cold so must be a problem somewhere. I will probably never use the cruise control now that I know what that does!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts