2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, ordered the 2.2 Type S today in Deep Bronze and a few extras - looking forward to joining the fairly exclusive club or civics on the road after selling my beloved RX-8!

Only gripe is that the DB Civic type S is from stock, so I can't add extras such as 18" wheels - anyone got any leads on an official set for sale?!

Cheers in advance and will upload picks soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey

Honda Southend are telling me they are factory fit and that dealers cannot fit 18" wheels due to suspension work required...

Anyone else been told this?

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
The standard wheels on the 'S' are 17" though. You don't need an upgrade to fit 18's if 17's are standard. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

On the 5 door, if 16's are standard you can go up to 17, but not 18.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, dead right about the fact 17" are standard on the type-s. Will have to pick dealers bones on this!

Has anyone else on these forums ordered from stock and upgraded from 17" to 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Welcome Yukka,

Enjoy the site and ofcourse your car, hope you have got your big smile at the ready!!

I am sure Czechplastik is correct with the wheel sizes, if the standard is 17" then 18" should be dealer fit.

Joey

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Although most extras do seem to be dealer fit, the wheels do appear to be done at the factory.
You can buy them separately from the dealer, but it costs £1800 rather than the £850 if you order them with a new car.
It is probably to do with the fact they save a set of standard wheels if they are factory fit. If you buy them from the dealer, you have two sets of wheels.

It would be worth speaking nicely to your dealer. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Great choice of car BTW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts