2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just bought a 2007 Honda Civic SE 1.8 VTEC Hatchback in the UK so right-hand-drive.

Had a Corolla before which was horrible, but now loving the way the Civic drives. Similar in some ways to my old Celica.

Got a couple of issues I need to sort:
- Brakes squeak a bit when braking, might need new pads
- Air con stinks, and in general the air smells in the cabin

But generally everything good. There's loads of Youtube videos etc on changing the Cabin Air filter for international models, but nothing on UK models so wondering if anyone knows how and where to change this filter as it doesn't seem to be the same as the videos showing the left-hand-drive model?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hello!

Brakes will probably be squeal shims (new pads).

The stealers usually change my filter so can't help you with that one..

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Air con stinks, and in general the air smells in the cabin

But generally everything good. There's loads of Youtube videos etc on changing the Cabin Air filter for international models, but nothing on UK models so wondering if anyone knows how and where to change this filter as it doesn't seem to be the same as the videos showing the left-hand-drive model?
Welcome mate, sorry I can't on the above, try re-posting in the bugs, faults and irritations section or general discussion ...... you might get a full answer from there. :)

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Hi welcome to forum! I had SE before type r and I agree with you! Although it wasn't brakes that squeak it was my clutch! WD40 didn't help either, didn't really notice air con smell as I didn't use it much back then. Enjoy your ride :)

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Welcome mate

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey......

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome to :civinfo: :)