2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am current driving a Merc C220 CDi Coupe on a 54 plate, and may well be looking to swap to a Civic i-CTDI, either Type S GT or EX, 2nd hand.

I had test drive of one the other day, and it was fantastic drive. The power delivery was most impressive, I just hope the economy is.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, Foggy.

I am unsure whether to go for a type S GT or an EX. I'd like the roof, but would also like the SAT-NAV and phone prep, and the Mrs wants heated leather. I guess I'm still looking a fair bit for an Ex-Demo or 6 month old car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just can't weigh up which I prefer. Can you only get the heated seats with leather? I'll take a look in Wiki. The Nav and BT are a must I think

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris.:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You.

Is there much difference in the ride between a Type S and an EX? Reading around here suggests the 3dr is firmer, but is it CTR firm? I used to have an 05 CTR and the Mrs didn't like the ride in that at all.

Some think the S GT is better than the EX? Would that be the case, as 1 thing I really want is the Navi and BT, and if possible heated leather which is almost like rocikng horse poo poo.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Thank You.

Is there much difference in the ride between a Type S and an EX? Reading around here suggests the 3dr is firmer, but is it CTR firm? I used to have an 05 CTR and the Mrs didn't like the ride in that at all.

Some think the S GT is better than the EX? Would that be the case, as 1 thing I really want is the Navi and BT, and if possible heated leather which is almost like rocikng horse poo poo.
Hi Chris, The Type S would be a bit firmer than the EX, but not as firm as the CTR, I think its a real good balance between Ride and handling. I love mine :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts