2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Full Time Dreamer
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm a newbie with a second-hand 1.8 ES with parking and sunroof (nice). Coming off the back of the strange Honda Logo CVT (which I'd had 7 years and done 125K in with only routine servicing, tyres, 1 x number plate light bulb and 2 x sidelight bulbs) I just about scared myself to death and had to learn to drive all over again in my new 1.8 ES !

My only issue at present is making the boot "dog friendly", sad I know, but. Can anyone help me with fitting advice for a genuine Honda dog guard I bought on eBay ?

I've removed the parcel shelf. My questions are ;
1. Does the guard fit a) UP TO the "claw" which forms the pivot for the parcel shelf OR b) ON IT ?
2. Where do the ends of the shorter rods fit / locate to ? Someone told me to two holes in the parcel shelf side rails BUT I dont seem to have these, do these have to be drilled as part of the fitting ? I thought this fitted to existing points ?
3. I've fitted the long rods OK (fairly obviously these go to the hooks for the two rear seats) but what are the two oblong "loops" for ? Do these touch the back seat ? I assume these are toward the front of the car when looking forwards and in from the boot ?

Any chance of a more detailed pic anyone ? Thanks (hoping) David (ManThatCan)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hi David :D

bit of a unique question there!
We have quite a few pooch owning owners in here, but I don't recall anyone mentioning a dog guard...

Chuck some pics up of the bits you've got and we'll see if we can puzzle it out between us :D

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Sorry, cant help as not a dog owner - intriuging (sp) question tho..

In the meantime, welcome to the BEST forum!! :D :D

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,666 Posts
welcome mate x

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the place :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Hi have the same car as you.
When I put the dog in the car I lift up the rear seat behind the driver then sit him on the floor using his lead tied to the base of the seat to stop him moving around.Works a treat.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums! :D

Hope you find the help you need here, probably the best place for it. Or try a dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts