2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just to introduce myself... I bought a 58-plate 2.2 EX in Royal Blue at the very end of April. With less than 1700 miles on the clock I paid £15k for it (I'm not so good at haggling, but it was up for £15.5 at the dealer).

Having now covered more than 2000 miles I am still as happy as the day I picked it up! Coming from an X-reg Clio 1.6 16V RSi (110bhp, 0-62 in 9.6, and *very* linear acceleration/torque in each gear) it has taken a little while to get used to the slight turbo lag and non-linear acceleration, but I love the diesel. Fuel economy is not drastically better than the petrol Clio, which when driven very carefully got 48MPG for a whole tank as a personal best, and 60MPG on a 50 mile run (at 55MPH and coasting a safe distance behind lorries!). The Civic is doing about 52MPG average at the moment, with some bursts of acceleration, and I've had 63MPG on a 100 mile run when driven carefully (but including some stops/starts). The last tank, where I was having some fun, got me 45.5MPG. A similar tank in the Clio might have only been 38MPG, so its OK.

One question... the car had floor mats already in it (I assume because it was a dealer owned car, or are they standard on the EX?) and more strangely it has mud guards! I thought these were an option-only on any spec, or again, does the EX come with these?

All the best,

Martin

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
hello and welcome :)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts