2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Dave and I am the proud owner of a new Type S 2.2 GT.

First off, great site. I’ve been a voyeur for a week or so now and have managed to get answers to most of my questions.

The car. I have to say, as the owner of a very fast bike and considering my last 3 cars have had at least a 4 litre engine in them, I’m very impressed with how the Civic performs. The two biggest things I'm having to get use to are front wheel drive and driving past petrol stations (a luxury you don’t get with a big lump).

So short of a few niggly issues that I’m sure my dealer will fix, I’m a very happy man and look forward to many happy/cheaper miles in my new toy.

One question though. Does anyone have the Honda supplied Roof Rack. I am a keen mountain biker and have two Thule bike racks that currently lock into the Thule Aero bars. I was wondering if the bars on the Honda rack are the same as I was told they were made by Thule? Or does anyone know what Thule bars fit the Honda well.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Dave

·
Registered
398 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

And Hello to Basingstoke.. I used to live there for about 8 years...:)

I don't know anything about roof racks... sorry. But I guess here in the forum are lots of people who might able to help...

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Welcome Dave, I just joined a couple of hours before you. Still waiting to decide on which Civic to buy with test drives lined up tomorrow!

I too am a keen MTB rider and I was going to go with the removable towbar option and stick a towbar bike rack on. Much easier to get the bikes on/off and less risk of scratching the car.:idea:

Stewart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem with the tow bar ones is that you cant always get in the boot, you know, to get that change of clothes so you dont get your seats filthy.

I phoned Thule and they say they dont do them fo the glass roof version of the Civic. Also the dealer dosent know any information about the Honda one and says If I order It, I cant send it back!!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
thule roofrack

If you do a search using 'thule roofrack', you should find the thread with pictures of my ES with the thule aero bars fitted. The bars mount on the metal section of the roof and do not impose any direct load on the glass. I would keep the load on the roof rack down to reduce torsion twisting on the roof when cornering to reduce the risk of the glass panel cracking, having said that the glass is bonded onto the roof and not into it so there shoild not be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts