2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just making a posting to the site as I've been threatened with deletion if I don't! I'm basically in the process of deciding whether to get a Civic i-shift or a Citroen C4 with EGS, so I'm eagerly following the posting on here re. i-shift. Not driven either yet -- hope to get a chance to organise a test drive on both next month, which may put me off the whole semi-auto idea completely. :D

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo!

DR has given you some advice and direction.

Personally I would choose the civic over the C4 just on looks alone:p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo!

DR has given you some advice and direction.

Personally I would choose the civic over the C4 just on looks alone:p
Hi there

And I would choose the civ on potential resale value too.

Plus don't Citroens come with a free pair of Jesus sandles, beard growth hormone and a flower painted on the bonnet?:eek:

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Hi - just making a posting to the site as I've been threatened with deletion if I don't! I'm basically in the process of deciding whether to get a Civic i-shift or a Citroen C4 with EGS, so I'm eagerly following the posting on here re. i-shift. Not driven either yet -- hope to get a chance to organise a test drive on both next month, which may put me off the whole semi-auto idea completely. :D
Yeah I know a few good semi-autos but they all require a gun license [smilie=tongue.gif]
Now seriously: I've been considering an auto gearbox with manual shift option and in fact the only one I've found acceptable was VAG's DSG, now BMW is making a similar one. The Citroen "patent" is comfortable but waaaaaay too slow, for the Civic I prefer the manual. But obviously, one has to decide for oneself... Oh BTW - if you drive the double-clutch variations (as DSG from VAG or DKG from BMW) you may IMO soon find that the shift paddles are not of much use (the gears usually shift exactly when they should).

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
hi welcome!

I've driven them both, had a c4 flexifuel as a loan car for a week when my Civ was being resprayed after some idiot scratched it. In the begninning of the week while driving the c4 I really missed my civic, I thought the c4 was ugly, the handling isn't very sporty and the general layout of the controls on the dash as well as the position of the gearbox (too low) really annoyed me in the beginning. However, once I got used to those parts one thing really stood up in the c4 where the Civic has no chance in hell against it and thats the suspension. Riding on the same streets as I usually do in the Civic but with the c4 most of the bumbs and faults in the road that I had learnt to avoid in the Civic where barely noticable in the c4. Speed bumps that where really dreaded before now became nothing more than a little bump in the road, no need to slow down even =D Try that in the Civic and youll probably end up loosing the front spoiler as well as your fillings.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Used to be a Citroen driver myself, had a little AX 954cc that did 62mpg. Not bad for petrol!

I would go for the Honda, Citroens don't seem so good when the electrics are faulty, the Honda will hold its value more too.

I have an i-Shift on order at the moment. The 1st time I drove it I wasn't sure, but drove it again the following day and loved it.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice. I really want the Honda to win out over the Citroen as I think the Civic interior wins by a mile. It'll probably just come down to which one has the best semi-auto gearbox. If I decide against having a semi-auto at all, then it'll almost certainly be the Honda. I'm just a bit concerned about all the reports on here of poor paintwork and interior rattles -- plus the fact the Civic has just done rather badly in the latest Which? reliability ratings. Ended up last, with the C4 second to last, so I suppose I'll end up on first name terms with the local dealer whichever way I go :)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a mail a couple of weeks ago pointing out I hadn't been active on the site and another a couple of days ago saying that as I still hadn't, they were considering deleting my account as a result.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Get the Civic as the Citroen will be worth 2 empty lemonade bottles after 3 years , welcome

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should just point out that I've re-read the email I received threatening to delete my account and it was from a different Civic forum - apologies all round. Clearly a less friendly bunch than you lot. :oops:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I should just point out that I've re-read the email I received threatening to delete my account and it was from a different Civic forum - apologies all round. Clearly a less friendly bunch than you lot. :oops:

LOL, not to worry at least it got you to introduce yourself. :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You are in the right place now!

Welcome! :D :D

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Buy a Civic or we'll have you deleted!!

seriously, citroen or honda??? and you still need to make a decision??? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts