2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

New to the forum but not new to Honda. Been working at the factory in Swindon for 22 years so have seen many models come and go. Been reading a few of the comments on here and its nice to see people appreciate our hard work at the plant and enjoy our cars. I have to say the latest Civic is the best car we have ever made, which i suppose should be expected as no manufacturer can 'stand still' when developing new models.

Driving a 1.5 sport at the moment but have had all the model including the Type R. Picking up next new one soon. If anybody has any questions i would be more than happy to help if i can.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello everybody.

New to the forum but not new to Honda. Been working at the factory in Swindon for 22 years so have seen many models come and go. Been reading a few of the comments on here and its nice to see people appreciate our hard work at the plant and enjoy our cars. I have to say the latest Civic is the best car we have ever made, which i suppose should be expected as no manufacturer can 'stand still' when developing new models.

Driving a 1.5 sport at the moment but have had all the model including the Type R. Picking up next new one soon. If anybody has any questions i would be more than happy to help if i can.

Ok. I’ll bite. When is Honda going to start offering Brembo callipers on the top marque for each type of vehicle they make. Right now it’s only the Civic Type R that gets them. Will they make a Type R or Type S Accord, Pilot, Ridgeline, CRV, HRV and Fit?!!!

Do tell!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mikey.

Sorry, but you will only ever see Brembo on Type R. We tried to get them to fit them to the rear as well but they wouldn't agree to the 'cost up'. So we got then to paint the centre red instead to make it look better :laugh2:

Can't comment on the US / Canada only models.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The standard rear brake sliding calliper is fine as it is...it saved money and does it’s job as intended.

I only asked as I see Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Nissan as well as Subaru and Mitsubishi rocking factory Brembo sets and the high end Honda/Acura are left with sliding singles and double piston sets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,956 Posts
Welcome

Don't forget to update your Car and Location details via the UserCP.

Always useful to have some more expert advice available. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts