2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. just picked up my 57 plate type s..love it..want reversing camera? I have the factory built sat nav installed. Just called honda and they quoted the kit was around £900!!!! not sure if this was fitted or not as I fainted!! I think I saw someone on here selling cable kit for £25 but cant find it or best and cheapest way to do this. all help received with thanks.:)

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Welcome buddy

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome car

I cant get used to how good this car is. Im nearly 50 and I find myself sneaking out at night just have a drive! Ive owned all sorts of sports cars in the past and never thought a diesel would come in the same class...but it does!. my type s gt 2.2 has so much pulling power. I love it. its pin sharp and goes where you want it to go without trouble. I just find the rear vis when parking a prob but will get used to it...unless one of you helpful chaps/lasses can find the thread of the guy whos doing the cable to the back of the built in satnav to save me a few pounds.........anyone down on south coast can fit it and a camera for me?? I will of course provide lots of beer or Money if you insist..:VroumVroum01:

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Know how you feel mate love the type s. And I get 45 mpg! I've just installed a new after market head unit. All in cost around £300. You can buy the rear camera to use with it for peanuts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Know how you feel mate love the type s. And I get 45 mpg! I've just installed a new after market head unit. All in cost around £300. You can buy the rear camera to use with it for peanuts
hey your just down the road..

Im getting 45 mpg as well, I read they do 54 mpg but guess thats on a motorway all day. what colour is your beast..

Re. camera, did you install the camera etc youself...was yours the factory sat nav you installed later? ive just ordered the cable from here for £9.99

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Hi mate. Yeah Portsmouth only 15 mins away. I've got 60mpg from mine, was on a long motorway trip. I have the bluish silver type s. I didn't go with the rear camera as I felt the sensor was enough for me. I installed the head unit my self.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts