2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone.

Just joined up today, had my civic for a while and have a few standard bugs with it, I have joined in hope of finding the fix to my problems :)

Problems:
Wiper motor not resting at the bottom of the screen (need a fix asap!)

After market stereo....trying to figure out the wiring to get the top screen to work! (non sat nav car) - if anyone could point me to a wiring diagram... that would be awesome.

I'm a mobile dj and the boot is perfect for what i need it for, iv also installed the seats from a 5 door so i can have the 'magic seats' for my speakers :)

Cheers :)
Craig.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
hello and welcome chap. With respect to the stereo - do you mean the display screen of the car? Do your steering wheel functions operate the stereo? If no, then it may be that the previous owner fitted the HU without bothering to connect up the display and wheel functions. As such it would be fixable, you would just need to buy a connects2 wiring loom for your type of head unit.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello and welcome chap. With respect to the stereo - do you mean the display screen of the car? Do your steering wheel functions operate the stereo? If no, then it may be that the previous owner fitted the HU without bothering to connect up the display and wheel functions. As such it would be fixable, you would just need to buy a connects2 wiring loom for your type of head unit.....
Cheers guys

I'v purchased some sort of adapter from ebay that has the steering wheel controls, problem being it leaves two plugs redundant from the car loom (used to plug into the bottom of the stereo) and the two plugs on the loom dont fit! I'v read about 20 pages of wiki and faq bits but cannot seem to find a solution unless I leave the old stereo in the glovebox...not ideal :(

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Cheers guys

I'v purchased some sort of adapter from ebay that has the steering wheel controls, problem being it leaves two plugs redundant from the car loom (used to plug into the bottom of the stereo) and the two plugs on the loom dont fit! I'v read about 20 pages of wiki and faq bits but cannot seem to find a solution unless I leave the old stereo in the glovebox...not ideal :(
what sort of adapter mate? The connects2 ones actually work and if you buy the specific one for your HU then its pretty much plug and play. Might be worth buying a new one - at least it will work then and you won't have the stereo in your glove box!! a quick search on ebay for connects2 and your head unit name and you should be sorted....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The item i have purchased is this one:
eBay item number:

All works fine, steering wheel controls sound etc...just not the climate control and time etc on the screen (nothing on at all)

thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
The item i have purchased is this one:
eBay item number:

All works fine, steering wheel controls sound etc...just not the climate control and time etc on the screen (nothing on at all)

thanks for your help guys.
reading the blurb on the one you have bought it sounds like it does everything it promises to do - steering wheel controls. However it does not mention the screen & climate controls working afterwards ... :(

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
weirdly, I have just read some of the connects2 blurb for you to see if they would be better but they state....

"PLEASE NOTE : If you have a dashboard mounted audio display then this will not work once the new stereo is fitted but your clock and temperature will remain."

I wonder if this is means that the music info will not appear, but the clock and temp info will still appear? thats basically what you need isn't it? Might be worth checking first though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not fussed about the track name and radio station details etc as thats on the stereo,Ii just want my fan speed and climate control details on the screen :(

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: Craig & :welcome4: to :civinfo::proud:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts