2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to all the people in this forum, especially those posting the great and informative info on the Civic.

Have just ordered my Civic 2.2 i-CTDi EX, downsizing from the excellent Accord Tourer so experience of this superb diesel sold it for me.

Delivery promised for 1st Sept. (fingers and toes crossed)

I was pottering about the internet trying to find out what I could about the car before I get my own to play with, and found this excellent forum although the fact I learnt here - that there is no socket for my ipod is very disappointing :( .

My wife is making much mileage out of the fact that her C1 (which was just over a third of the cost of my Civic) came with a free ipod, cradle and handy socket in the the radio. Still I'd rather have the Civic any time.

Have Fun
 

·
Smell My Cheese!
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
Welcome Smiffy, whereabouts in Oxforshire are you? Not too long to go then, just over 3 weeks. I was lucky and found the forum after I took delivery, so I did not get too excited by the forum. I am sure you will find plenty of interesting little facts on here, some that even the dealers don't know about, automatic door locks for example.

Have fun reading and I hope the wait is not too much for you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy. Tell your wife if she offered me her car or the ipod; then the ipod would win (only joking?). :lol:
I had an Accord saloon and have to say that I find my 1.8EX quite amazing for comfort and load space. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Hi Smiffy and welcome! the waiting is infuriating isn't it?? I've got to wait even longer!

what colour did you go for?

(don't forget to post in the colour poll here - especially if it's black! (beat you to it elfa!!
)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Welcome Smifffy, what sort of mileage/mpg have you achieved with the Tourer ?. 8)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Big-Chris said:
Hi Smiffy and welcome! the waiting is infuriating isn't it?? I've got to wait even longer!

what colour did you go for?

(don't forget to post in the colour poll here - especially if it's black! (beat you to it elfa!!
)
Chris, don't go nicking anyones thunder [smilie=happydance.: :wink:
 

·
Galaxy class starship
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Hello Smiffy and welcome. :cool:

Enough with the colour poll. Besides it's obvious that Smiffy has got a Galaxy Grey on order :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks :D

Although the mention of colour seems to be frowned upon :p I must reply to the question ahem!! wait for it ........................... Grey - (Well done Copycat!) ..... well some one has too ..... It was that or colours I really did not want or having to wait months. I'll be doing a lot of motorway driving so it will end up grey at the end of each day anyway lol.

In reply to that other question I live in that little Oxfordshire backwater of the Thames - Henley.

Have Fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
elfa7 said:
Welcome Smifffy, what sort of mileage/mpg have you achieved with the Tourer ?. 8)
Hi elfa7,

Happy to recommend the Tourer to anyone, if you don't push it too hard I get into the 50's. Well pleased with the car and the size of fuel tank gives you a terrific range.

It's the little things I'll miss, like the powered opening tailgate with it's beeping that gets the attention from passers-by - have to rely on the Civic's looks alone lol. What I won't miss though are the dent's at the back where the wife keeps reversing into bollards (recommend getting parking sensors). Now you know why I got her the C1 and my Civic will have parking sensors - just in case she finds where I have hidden the Civic's keys. :lol:

Have Fun
 

·
Galaxy class starship
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Smifffy said:
Thanks for the welcome folks :D

Although the mention of colour seems to be frowned upon :p I must reply to the question ahem!! wait for it ........................... Grey - (Well done Copycat!) ..... well some one has too ..... It was that or colours I really did not want or having to wait months. I'll be doing a lot of motorway driving so it will end up grey at the end of each day anyway lol.

Have Fun
Yey! Good choice. Hope your happy with it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top