2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i am the terminator i am new to civinfo its a brilliant site full of infomation. i have had my red 1.8 five door civic 5 months and apart from the left hand side passengers door handle becomming stiff and a small creeking noise at the top of the windscreen everything has been fine and it is a joy to drive. now it has run in it is quite quick. i used to own a saab 9-5 2.3 low presure turbo 175 bhp auto. the trouble with that was it was so thirsty and i coudnt leave the sport mode button alone which made it use more fuel. the civic is so much better on fuel and of course cheaper insurance. as a kid i always wanted a concept car and now i have one [smilie=happyspin.g:happy driving everyone speak later.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
hello everyone i am the terminator i am new to civinfo its a brilliant site full of infomation. i have had my red 1.8 five door civic 5 months and apart from the left hand side passengers door handle becomming stiff and a small creeking noise at the top of the windscreen everything has been fine and it is a joy to drive. now it has run in it is quite quick. i used to own a saab 9-5 2.3 low presure turbo 175 bhp auto. the trouble with that was it was so thirsty and i coudnt leave the sport mode button alone which made it use more fuel. the civic is so much better on fuel and of course cheaper insurance. as a kid i always wanted a concept car and now i have one [smilie=happyspin.g:happy driving everyone speak later.[/quote]

Welcome to the forum!

Was 'talking' with Nos1992 - enjoy the test drive in the Type R!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi, Teminator. welcome to the forum. I was reading Nos's posts this morning, seems like you have a budding petrol head on your hands there. Trust me I know what that's like too. ;)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo.
The stiff door handle is a "known problem", mine was done at the annual service.
I had emailed a list of things to be looked at, and mentioned it was hard for passengers to get in. The dealer ordered the parts in advance. Much better now.

Terry

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
welcome aboard Terminator :D

nos mentioned you were also considering an R bodykit for your SE - a couple of owners have managed to get them to fit, but it's not a straightforward swap (unfortunately)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts