2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a new 1.8 EX, went a bit mad and ordered leather seats and glass roof, along with city pack. Am I mad for blowing the budget or do you experienced guys out there think they will be worth the additional spend?

Great to have a site like this for reference:cool:

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
I regret not going for the roof and leather, make it seem more upmarket so I don't think you've wasted a penny! Unsure on the city pack, but it's all good :)

welcome to the site! When do you pick her/him up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paid deposit today, they are going to confirm delivery date tomorrow. Re the city pack, comes with parking sensors

Thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not a big fan of the leather myself.

I've ordered the Glass Roof + Studio Pack.

Counting down the days till mine arrives! (seems to go slowly.. especially whilst reading posts in here!)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Emma

Welcome to the site. I reckon you'll have many hours of fun with your new baby so just forget about the cost! Well that's my tactic anyway...

Had Cherry a week now and I don't think my grin will be disappearing anytime soon... :D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Parking sensors are handy, but you have an EX, go for the camera!
I concur! Apart from the fact I don't think I can reverse without mine now :oops:

I would have loved a glass roof but the wait was soooooooo looooooong I gave up :(

Sure you are going to love it!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Would go for leather myself next time,so good choice.
Lexie has got it right.......enjoy
CP's comments I also agree with,get the camera !

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
:D Good choice, I'm not a fan for leather but you need the glassroof ! :D

Code:
THX1138 : I wish the Type-R was available with a glass roof. Good choice if you ask me.
Due to structural problem (rigidity factor) The R type cannot be equipped with glasroof. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have found out today that if I want the glass rood and leather option in black the earliest they can deliver is middle of June. As this is so close (6 weeks) to the new registration, is this a wise move? or should I go for the EX with the city pack, which they can deliver within one month. Oh I am sooooooooooo confused!!!!

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
It all depends on what you would be happiest with em. If you take the early option you may live to regret to picking the leather and roof, only you can answer your question! Its a touch choice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Emma,

I was in the same position some weeks back. Decided to wait for the new registration and I opted for the leather, glass roof and parking sensors. Make sure you get the sevice agreement for the five years though. The wait was worth while and the leather upholstery really makes a huge difference.
At the end of the day its up to you, only you can decide. Wish you all the best.

Regards

Kerry

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Kerry

What do you mean - 'Make sure you get the service agreement for five years'?

Kind regards
Emma

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Kerry

What do you mean by- 'Make sure you get the service agreement for five years'?

Kind regards
Emma

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Emma,
You can get a five year serice agreement with you dealer called Honda Happiness. Covers servicing and first MOT, yearly service or every 12500 miles which ever comes sooner. They say it's not available for diesel engines but you can get it, I did.

Ask, if you don't ask you wont get

Kerry

1 - 20 of 40 Posts