2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks... advice needed please CTR GT

Hi guy and girls, I'm currently in the process of searching for a CTR GT and there's a guy at work that's selling his wife's due to redundancy.

Its done 17,000 miles (07) and he is asking 13K. Does this seem like a fair price? I'm sure I can shave abit of that.

Also is there anything that I should be looking out for if I go to view it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Hi guy and girls, I'm currently in the process of searching for a CTR GT and there's a guy at work that's selling his wife's due to redundancy.

Its done 17,000 miles (07) and he is asking 13K. Does this seem like a fair price? I'm sure I can shave abit of that.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds expensive to me... for example ... Honda Civic For Sale Online 24/7 ~ Autoquake.com

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Looking on autotrader would be a good idea, there are quite a few at a lot less money, £13k sounds more like an optimistic main dealers price. £11k would be a fair price in the current climate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick reply's guys... I'm going to view it sat morning before he puts it on Auto Trader. If its sound I will make him an offer inline with whats on the market. ;)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Good luck in haggling and I hope you get it :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome aboard, haggle hard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right then... The bloke drove it into work today and it has the SAT NAV/HFT. Done 17k,
and had the first service done buy Honda. Ive had a good look and cant see anything wrong.

He will accept £12,000. Good price... What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Right then... The bloke drove it into work today and it has the SAT NAV/HFT. Done 17k,
and had the first service done buy Honda. Ive had a good look and cant see anything wrong.

He will accept £12,000. Good price... What do you think?
Still too much. £11,000 would be a fair price but not one penny more than £11,500 even from a friend.;)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
He wont budge from 12K... his excuse is it has the 5 year Honda Happiness.
The second service on a Type R will cost around £300. The fact it has the HH service plan is a good selling point, and will also save you money in the long run. :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Just dont forget that any asking price is only the starting point so haggle hard and get yourself a great deal.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The lowest he will come down to is £11,700... that's after me nagging him all day long.

TBH Ive looked on Auto Trader and Honda Used and this seems to be a fair price. (sat nav hft)

The cars in great shape and has been looked after.

What do you think?

He wants an answer before 5:15pm today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts