2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just joined the site this afternoon. I figured I would join a mainly European site to get new and different ideas for my hobby.

I'm a 28 y/o IT Business Analyst. I live in Pennsylvania about 30 miles outside of Philadelphia in a small town called Hatfield, with my wife and 3 dogs.

Onto the car...2006 Ralley Red Civic Si. Picture attached. I currently have just under 7,000 miles on my car. I love this car. Some of my previous cars were:
'04 Honda S2000; '01 Lightning (Ford's supercharged and lowered F150); '02 Lexus SC430; '98 Prelude

I think the Si is a crowning achievement made evident (in part of course) by the fact that the Civic Si can appease a car nut such as myself. I've smartened up a bit and realised that I need to put my money into more "secure" places so I really cut back on my spending for cars; to my amazement, I've had the Si for about 6 months and I'm still as happy banging through the gears as I was on day 1. Bravo Honda!

My mods are few thus far. I purchased my Fujita short ram intake and it's currently lost somewhere in Denver Colorado. I hope it gets here this week [smilie=cheeky-grin:! My only other "mod" is me having removed the "i-VTEC / DOHC" decal from the sides of the car. My future mods list will remain short - I intend to purchase black-finished Sparco wheels, 1.5" lowering springs + camber kit, and tint the windows. I have yet to see any body kits that I find tasteful.

I look forward to reading all of your info. [smilie=gt-happyup.:

[URL=http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0182fs1.jpg]
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Ooops! Just saw your post after sending you a PM... Still, pretty good deduction, there, huh?

Maxbert

Welcome again to the forum!

RedSIinPA- What do you think of the looks of the Euro Civic? Any buzz in the States?

Maxbert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops! Just saw your post after sending you a PM... Still, pretty good deduction, there, huh?

Maxbert

Welcome again to the forum!

RedSIinPA- What do you think of the looks of the Euro Civic? Any buzz in the States?

Maxbert
Nice work indeed!

I'm only now looking at the pictures in the site's gallery. to be completely honest I had no idea the hatch was in Europe. I thought the Civic Type R prototype was the only hatch. I'm really impressed! Some of the cars I saw already are gorgeous. I especially like the interiors. I'll comment more I'm sure as I get more accustomed to the styling.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hi RedS :D

got to say that I do rather like the look of the Civics you get 'over there' :D

welcome aboard, and keep us up to date with your mods!:p

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I think the SI looks great! We get a standard 4 door model here, but no SI. Then again I much prefer our hatchback. What is it with the American market and hatchbacks? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the SI looks great! We get a standard 4 door model here, but no SI. Then again I much prefer our hatchback. What is it with the American market and hatchbacks? :rolleyes:
Thanks.

There are a lot of things that the masses apparently like over here that take away from the fun. e.g. Obsession with oversized, poorly driven, gas guzzling SUVs. I personally like hatch designs although lately I have not been impressed with certain new hatch designs, such as the new generation GTI. I think VW took a great looking hatch and really ruined it with this latest incarnation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts