2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Thanks for the welcoming message and have to say a good forum from what I have seen. Good banter and a friendly approach. Top Marks.
My wife picked up her 2007 Civic EX on Monday and absolutely LOVES it. She has had her MG ZR for 11 years and was a much loved car but with faults developing monthly and wanting something more modern she wanted a new car. For reliablility I said I wanted her in a Honda, (like to see her in alot less but you dont wanna hear that). I told her, reliable, smart and toys galore but a bit soulless.
Anyway, test drove one and fell in love, then we found one near to home-ish, an EX with nearly every option going. Drove it and did the deal.

Anyway I drove it to Exeter last night while we dropped the ZR off to its new owner and I have to say I was impressed. Handled well, its VTEC obviously coming on better with revs and throttle use and supremely comfy. Still feels a bit more like a laptop than a car (I work in IT and am impressed with the toys) but nowhere near as detached from the driving experience as I thought. I think i still prever my V6 MG ZT as a drivers car (any car that knocks the S2000 off the top spot for sports car in the Auto Express awards has to be a contender) but still very happy. As is she.

Found some niggles which I will put in proper sections but have to say impressed with the car, so much so I find a wandering eye towards the Type-R's but thats another story.

Anyway, onwards......

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
:welcome4:

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to make yourself at home :D

Just a quick note on the VTEC - there are two different types and in the non-CTR models it's designed for economy rather than power.

There's more to read on that (and just about everything else) in the wiki:
VTEC - Civinfo Wiki

Now let's see some pics... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah that explains alot Syx, and why economy is so good on the 1.8. It cruises damn well and has enough grunt to propel well too. Damn clever stuff. Will show her this so she knows how to get best mpg.

Promise to get pics up soon, quite grubby at moment but will put some up soon.

I am an MG Rover Fan and have been for a fair old while. The badge is now ingrained in my DNA and I honestly think that if Rover hadnt gone to BMW and somehow maintained its relationship with Honda, we would still have a motor industry, but nevermind that. Wrong forum for posting my dark desires ;)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome bud...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts