2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I've discovered this forum yesterday, as I was seeking for information about the 8th generation Civics, since I'm planning to get one soon.
After my '98 Volvo C70 Coupé broke down, I have decided to return to Japanese cars (as I had a '93 Mazda 323F before the Volvo) and since my dad already has got a '05 CR-V 2.2 CDTi, I was thinking about something with the same engine. I heard (and experienced) lots of good things with this engine in the CR-V and to go for the Civic was my instant choice.

Now I just need to find the right car. Unfortunately in Slovakia there are only a couple of Civics fitting my budget (which is roughly €7000-7500, I know a bit on the low side) and none of them offer all the stuff I'd like to have (some of them have sat nav, but none of them have leather seats, even in the higher price range). So I started to look at the possibility of importing one mainly from Germany, or other EU countries.
This way it will be a bit harder, but there's more cars to choose from and the prices seem to be a bit lower compared to Slovakia...

Right now there's a '06 model in Ingolstadt, Germany for sale for quite cheap from the first owner, so I'll be travelling there next weekend to check it out and eventually buy it. It would be quite ironic to buy a Civic in the hometown of Audi :D

Well, that's about my future car, now just a couple of words about me. My name is Attila, I'm 24 (soon to be 25 though) and I live in a town called Nové Zámky in Slovakia, pretty close to the Hungarian border (like 30km).
My first car was a '93 Mazda 323F, which I sold three years ago and got a '98 Volvo C70 T5 Coupé, which was fine, until the cylinder head (or the engine body) cracked (water was getting into the oil even after replacing the cylinder head sealing) and a couple of weeks ago the automatic transmission broke, so the car is actually unusable now...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the warm welcome :) Let's hope I'll soon become an owner of a Civic. By the way, does anyone have some info on how detailed are the maps in Slovakia, Hungary and Czech Republic?

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::beer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts