2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just found this site and thought I'd register. I'm in the process of looking for a replacement for my Mini Cooper - growing family necessitates more doors and bigger boot! I have been looking at a BMW 1 Series, but the Civic seems to offer so much more for the money, plus it looks really cool :). So it's looking more an more likely that I'll head down the Honda route - watch this space...

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Another good reason to by a Civic instead of the BMW 1 is that nobody will think that you can't afford a real BMW [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
welcome

dont bother with the 1 series, it will cost you a small fortune and then people will laugh at you for paying a small fortune for a small, crampt, ugly car

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi all! I just found this site and thought I'd register. I'm in the process of looking for a replacement for my Mini Cooper - growing family necessitates more doors and bigger boot! I have been looking at a BMW 1 Series, but the Civic seems to offer so much more for the money, plus it looks really cool :). So it's looking more an more likely that I'll head down the Honda route - watch this space...

Cheers,

Dave.
Welcome aboard Dave. I'm not really much for the 1 series so I don't really know much about them, I suspect however, to spec it to the same level as the civic, it will cost you a lot more than the civic. :eek:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I have got a standard 1.8 EX and, before I bought it, was pricing up a similar specced BMW 118SE and a 318SE (Both 140BHP). The 1 series list price was £24,500 and the 3 series was almost £28k. I paid £16 for the EX including Black paint.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Well I found BMW purchase price to be quaite high but their service costs are VERY cheap.

Just dug out mine for my last car (318iSE):

Sept 04 14k £132
July 05 33k £209
Apr 06 45k £155
March 07 63k £220

I expected the costs to have been more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts