2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 (06) plate with over 150k miles on it, still on its original clutch!

Bought this car as a second run around, has full Honda service history (typically every 6 months) told the previous owner that I would be putting her into retirement with clocking up a couple of thousand miles a year from now on.

Here to read up on wear and tear items and costs, first and foremost is determining the cost of clutch replacement!

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey, that must be a record on the original clutch....

·
nulli secundus
350 Posts
Hi welcome. I'm on 120k on mine on original clutch too. You will keep it going by personally in my opinion ever handing it to honda. Service it yourself and save a bucket load on costs

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
welcome to the forum :) mines on 157k and still on the orignal clutch was on motorway all its life i bought it on 132k and all i do is town driving and i have gave the clutch some abuse its getting ready now but still going with slipping :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mines on 157k and still on the orignal clutch was on motorway all its life i bought it on 132k and all i do is town driving and i have gave the clutch some abuse its getting ready now but still going with slipping :D
150k and it is starting to slip, although driving 'Miss Daisy' style is getting boring in the 2 weeks I have had it. Off to Honda on Tuesday for a free health check. This car has been bought for town driving, approx 5 miles per day so dare say could keep it going with the slip for another 6-12 months?!

History of the car is all motorway miles between Glasgow and Edinburgh by the previous owner for the 6.5years of its life from new.

Good forum and plenty of good posts! Enjoying the background reading.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
:welcome4:....:cool: I'm on 150k with 1st clutch too. Only had niggles with front suspension but other than that it's been great....touch wood.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts