2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been posting on Civic Type R Owners Website from coming upto 3 years now, but having just picked up my FN2 yesterday I thought I would say hello on this forum. :aetsch:

I am loving the new car however already encountered a slight challenge in that I have a annoying scratch/scuff on the perspex cover over the speedo indicator (next to clock). I have spoke to my dealer who advised for me to pop the car into them so they can take some pictures to send to Honda for a warrenty claim however the gent I spoke to in service (although very helpful) did not know how involved the process is of changing the cover

i.e:
- do you have to remove half the dash?
- is the speedo a sealed unit including the front perpex cover?
- can they just replace the cover?

I am also a little concerned that if they remove the dash they will end up causing more damage and that it wont go back as snug and neat as it is now?

Can anyone point my in the direction of a diagram of the dash or assist me in anyway.

Many Thanks

Arran

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi Arran and welcome to civinfo. :)

They will have to remove some of the dash in order to replace the perspex cover. A few people have had it replaced with no problems and it takes around an hour.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to Civinfo :D

Congrats on the car :D

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome guys :cool:

I went of the NHB in the end. I used to have a Satin Silver EP3 and in-between these two a Liquid yellow Megane R26 F1 Team.

There seems to be a lot more technical info on this forum which is great. I have seen the posts above about how to remove the main dash but can anyone give me some instructions on how to remove the perpex cover over the speedo (thats whats scratched on mine)

"I have just paid my supporters fee via PayPal"

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wahhhhaayyy!!! I have "Supporter Status" :)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Welcome :D

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts