2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there
Thank you for the welcome to the forum. I look forward to providing some input in return for, perhaps, some help and advice in the future.
I have just purchased a Civic 1.8 Ti. I traded in my Mazda 3 Sport and, thus far, am impressed with the Civic. I took ages coming to a decision to purchase a Civic as I was extremely pleased with the Mazda – in fact, I was originally looking to purchase another Mazda but the Civic shape caught my eye. Plus, I wanted a red one (sad or what) and I found just the car I wanted from the Honda dealer in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
I found it a very pleasant drive once I positioned the seat so I could see the speedometer over the top of the steering wheel. In the Mazda, the speedometer is viewed through the steering wheel and I am a bit of a “shorty”. I have now become used to the rear spoiler across the rear window – not that I considered a major issue anyway. Also, it is so handy to have an MP3 connection – I can now dispense with those clanky CDs.
I have not yet had the Civic on a longish drive yet on the motorway, which I hope to undertake on Wednesday on a trip to Weston Sure Mare.
Perhaps I could seek an answer to one question. The words PASSENGER AIR remains on after start up, once it has gone through it monitoring routines. Is this correct. I have checked the passenger air disabling key and it is in the ON position.
Many thanks for any words of advice.
Also, if I get the technology right, I have attached a couple of pictures on the Civic.
Regards
PS Cannot work out the technology to insert a picture. Will try via another route!
PPS I have managed to include a few pics in the Albums area.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum mate :top:

What you see is correct and concerns checks for the passenger airbag which is default set to on.

Looking forward to the pics :like:

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::rock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear Mr JP
Thanks for your confirmation.
Thus, it is fine and will not explode in the passengers face, and it is working fine.
Regards
Jez Honda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts