2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Jamie, 21, Male and have discovered an addiction to the Type R!

I have a Gorgeous missus called Jess. I'm a Self-Employed I.T Technician/consultant but that does not mean I am loaded as its only been 3 years and this year has been tough! (Also partially trained in Auto-Diagnostics, VAG-COM, Lexia, Pico Scope etc),

We currently have a 206 between us, I recently sold my 607, so back to one car.

We do really need 2 cars as I also seem to be a taxi driver because doing what I do I need a car 24/7, Jess goes to work at the same place everyday. It was manageable up until now as Jess has just started training to become a Veterinary Nurse!

We both thought it'd be fantastic to buy a brand new car, this first one will be mine :) we have tested everything New Fiesta (Which shocked me no end, quiet, refined, very well built and grown up), Grande Punto, Audi A3, Mercedes C and E Class Sport (out of our range though yet), Range Rover Sport (just to try it).

This is the point it all changed, I always loved the styling of the new civic and on my own this time I visited our local Honda Dealership. Being me and being a man I immediately took a test drive in a new Type R! Holy Momma Jumma! The salesman was a legend and let me open her up, VTEC BABY! I fell in love that day, the car is perfect for me!

That night I didn't shut up about it to Jess so the following day I went back with Jess this time and had another go! It confirmed an addiction. Jess was less enthusiastic but she later told me I had hyped it up too much but she didn't drive it (Which I'm sure you'll agree is where the fun is) if she did I'd be scared she'd want it and win and have it first haha!

So I want a Type R, then after I am sorted Jess wants something (She has her eyes situated firmly on the Fiat 500).

We could have had the 2K off etc but I had a blow that one of my biggest clients is going into liquidation! Now we must save like mad to pay as much into a deposit as possible (dont like large monthly payments) its going to take a while but I cannot stop dreaming of the beauty!

I've been lurking on the forum for a week now (ever since I got love struck).

Sorry its been such a long introduction but I'm sure you appreciate a proper bit of background as to why I'm here.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Jamie

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
hello and welcome :)
hope you purchase one soon :)

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jamie. I'm sure you will find lots of info here to keep you going until you buy your Type R.
Its a great car and will be well worth the (hopefully short) wait.
Whereabouts in Cornwall are you? Its my favourite part of the world.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :D

Get saving :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes!

Been reading all about everything can't wait!!!

R-2 We live in Newquay. Sea, Surf, Beach, Bikinis, Nightlife but the views of Newquay Bay and all sorts of other places are breathetaking. I feel lucky to be living here as its quite a change from where I was born (Nottingham) moved when I was 7!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
oooo buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it. give in and become one with the R!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes!

Been reading all about everything can't wait!!!

R-2 We live in Newquay. Sea, Surf, Beach, Bikinis, Nightlife but the views of Newquay Bay and all sorts of other places are breathetaking. I feel lucky to be living here as its quite a change from where I was born (Nottingham) moved when I was 7!
Im a frequent visitor to the south coast round Fowey but i love the beaches near Newquay especially out of season. Great place to live.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Jamie, I just joined the forum today and just got my Type-R two weeks ago, trust me it is worth the wait! Get saving and you will certainly not regret it. Good Luck and hope you get it soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys and girls, settling in now, even got my first telling off and everything ;) (Sorry)

Can't wait for Type R, I keep driving my usual routes wondering what it'd be like in the R, knowing that when I do it'll be my very own :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forum! :)

As you have already discovered, the Type R is a great car - and very good value for what it offers - style, space and pace ;).

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts