2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all you established Civicinfo'ers from another new boy on the block. First post (on any forum!).

What a great forum. Been well impressed having been dipping in and out for a couple of weeks now. Got the link from "honestjohn"'s website (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/home/index.htm) another great site if you're thinking of buying a car (any car). Particularly impressed by all the support you people give each other and the technical info supplied by Pottsy and others. The Wiki section is great.

Been thinking about a civic for a little time now. This forum really lets me get an idea of what I might be getting into - seems to be a lot of :D, plenty of :cool:, and the occasional :(. Impression is the balance is generally in the right direction though.

So guys & girls, the real question is should I go out an buy one? Been thinking of a 2.2 EX - it seems I could pick up a nearly new with circa 7k miles for £17,500 or a new circa £18,300 (+ metallic paint +++++).

Advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi Wavepower,
welcome to this great forum.
You're in the right place to get the info to help you decide.
My humble advice is to just have a test-drive; preferably quite a long one with mixed driving, as this car excels in so many ways it's difficult to take it all in.
Once that's done, your biggest problem will be deciding on the colour you want, and there's plenty of opinion here about that.
As for buying second hand or new, at the prices you are looking at, I think I'd like my name first on the V5, (as someone mentioned in another post today).
Anyway, keep us posted on how you get on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hiya Wavepower

Welcome to our little club! And what can I say??? OF COURSE YOU SHOULD! Heheheehe!

I've been one of those people with a lot of :( 's but I believe the only reason for this is that my car was one of the very early models (55 plate). The EX is a great car and I believe all those that have the Diesel are very happy with their choice.

As for getting a brand new or nearly new one, I suppose it really depends on what you can afford, a new one would be great, but is it going to cripple ya? I think you've made the first move towards getting one, so the only thing to do now is find a good dealer and go for it!! Good luck!!!

Moo!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello wavepower, well you will certainly know what to look for buying new/nearly new with the info posted on the forum.:rolleyes:

If I had my time again I would have waited for the 07 but do love my 06 and have had a year of driving round with the best looking car at my fingertips :cool:

Go on you know you want to ;) !

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Hi Wavepower,

Firstly welcome to the site I'm sure you will find it very usefull, and like me you will spend a lot of time on here!!!
If you can afford it I would spend the extra money and buy new, nothing nicer than being the first person to own and drive a car.
With regards to problems/issues with the Civic I don't think there are many around on the new models (if that wrong then I stand to be corrected!), my car is a 56 plate 07 model and hasn't had any real problems, looks as though Honda have sorted a lot of problems that occured with the early models.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hello wavepower,
I second the previous comments. I too had a few :( (bought mine Feb 06 55 plate) but all the niggles have been sorted.
The diesel pulls like a train and you can't beat it for looks.
I would try to buy new, but if your going for "nearly new", you'll still have a decent warranty left.
Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
07 sevens do seem to be pretty solid ( apart from mine of course)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice -keep it coming

Thanks you guys - I didn't expect so many replies so soon.

I've had a very enjoyable test drive last week and a good demo of all the EX toys yesterday.

Grateful for all the views.I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
the ex is imense i just love the bluetooth and cruise control, also worth streching for leather and the roof

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
So guys & girls, the real question is should I go out an buy one? Been thinking of a 2.2 EX - it seems I could pick up a nearly new with circa 7k miles for £17,500 or a new circa £18,300 (+ metallic paint +++++).
I pick mine up on Thursday (hopefully) and I have to say it doesnt seem worth going the 2nd hand route, 7k is a lot of miles for such a little price difference even with metallic paint it's only a grand.. I know what I'd do ...ACTUALLY I DID IT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts