2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

At last a forum for the New Honda Civic looking forward to reading up on your stories. My husband and I own a New Honda Civic 1.8i one of the first ones made in sunny Swindon.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Another Gloucestershire bod - welcome aboard!

What part of Glos are you from?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Despite my nearest dealer being only 2 mins from me in Quedgeley, I bought mine from Holden in Norwich. Locally nobody could beat the deal they offered. I obviously picked the right dealer cos Holden were great, including sorting a hot off the press Type S as a loan car when my own got delayed. This compared with Amethyst Gloucester who screwed me around on warranty fixes & on a service of my previous Civic.

Where did you go?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
My husband and I own a New Honda Civic 1.8i one of the first ones made in sunny Swindon.
Was that a wise thing to do?

Has that caused you any problems?

Did you any get better treatment as you were one of the first to own?

I got one of the first i-Shifts slung outta Swindon, but no extra special treatment except that the staff at the stealers were just as interested in trying it out as I was!

Welcome to this place anyway.

"Why call it PMS? 'cos Mad Cow Diesease was already taken!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Despite my nearest dealer being only 2 mins from me in Quedgeley, I bought mine from Holden in Norwich. Locally nobody could beat the deal they offered. I obviously picked the right dealer cos Holden were great, including sorting a hot off the press Type S as a loan car when my own got delayed. This compared with Amethyst Gloucester who screwed me around on warranty fixes & on a service of my previous Civic.

Where did you go?
I went to Amethyst in Glos first however was told to come back with my husband for a test drive!!! I complained to the chairman of Honda and they offered us a discount. We then went to Amethyst in Cheltenham they were O.K but don't know why they sold me mud flaps for front of car when they had a design fault???? Amethyst are being O.K ish but Honda are at fault they obviously made ours on a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was that a wise thing to do?

Has that caused you any problems?

Did you any get better treatment as you were one of the first to own?

I got one of the first i-Shifts slung outta Swindon, but no extra special treatment except that the staff at the stealers were just as interested in trying it out as I was!

Welcome to this place anyway.

"Why call it PMS? 'cos Mad Cow Diesease was already taken!"

Charles H.
No we did not get any better treatment the service was sloppy very slow to respond to issues. They have got my money now so do they care??? Nope.

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gloucester
My brother lives in South Gloucester personally I think it's Bristol but he says its South Glos. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blimey, more Gloucestershireareyans!

Apemonkeyman, i'm in Quedgeley as well, small world!

Wish i'd checked this forum before ordering a type R tonight :eek:
Still they met the deal that I wanted and i'm sure they can't be as :banghead: as BS Ford. :D

If you see a red 07 R around and about Quedg after mid July, give me a beep!

Welcome Gloucestershire!

W.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Waynertron, what are you driving at the moment?

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Hello and welcome Glos! :wave:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Blimey, more Gloucestershireareyans!

Apemonkeyman, i'm in Quedgeley as well, small world!
If you see a red 07 R around and about Quedg after mid July, give me a beep!
NHB with Storms & CivInfo sticker on the back. Think I am the only one who fits that description in Quedgeley...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Nah - mornings tend to involve avoiding Tesco's roundabout at all costs. I'll be at the Marlborough meeting this Sunday...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts