2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening! :)

Not got a Civic (yet), but off to look at a few tomorrow, been looking on the Wiki so have an idea what to look out for, but any hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Looking at the following :-

Black 2006 2.2 CDTi Sport, 78k, £5500
Red 2007 2.2 CDTi SE, 116k, £5900
Grey 2006 2.2 CDTi SE, unknown mileage, £6000

On a side note, am I allowed to put a wanted ad in the classifieds for a Civic up to 6k? Cheers. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Alright pal!

I'm from Hexham too! i live in newcastle but am back here regularly so look forward to seeing your car sportig round!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :)
good luck with your hunt for the derv !

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Small world, lol!

Just had a look at the pics of your car, looks very tidy. ;)
was born in hexham, but live in sunderland now, still get up that way now and again when i visit the family so will look out for you, welcome to a great forum :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Small update :-

Black 2006 2.2 CDTi Sport, 78k, £5500 - SOLD!

Grey 2006 2.2 CDTi SE, 80k, £6000 - looked nice, but couldn't take it for a test drive unfortunately.

Red 2007 2.2 CDTi SE, 116k, £5900 - Took it for a test drive, very nice to drive, needs some paintwork on the edges of the doors, looks like it's been hit off a wall every day, lol!

Read about the clutch problem before going for a spin, put it into 3rd at about 2000rpm, floored it, and when the turbo kicked in, the revs rose but the speed didn't increase for a few seconds, then the revs dropped and the car took off!

Is this common to all Civics, or is it indicative that the clutch is in need of replacing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully going to look at another one on Saturday, Black 06 plate 2.2 CDTi EX, 55k, 6k'ish, looks good in the pics. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts