2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
334 Posts
Great looking example! Hope the mechanical side is a well cared for as that lovely paintwork! 70k is nothing for a well maintained K20. Looks like you've got yourself a great car!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just putting it out there that the FN2 is a very nice Type R, Naturally aspirated Vtec howl, timeless looks, and all the modern toys you need. The FK8 is awesome though!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes I've looked into the fk2 and it is a lot of car for the money but I like the independent rear axle on the FK8 and the shape and design
I don't think there's a "wrong choice" there. Both are lovely, if the FK8 fits better, you're still getting a really rapid and very desirable car! Both are out of my range, which is why I pamper my FN2 (plus I wanted NA as it's probably my last non-hybrid car)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do you have your eye on any specific hybrid?
Yeah i get what you're saying about the FK8, lovely car that has a real wow factor to it.

Hybrid wise, I'm not sure. That's going to largely depend on my circumstances, and my needs. Work are hopefully providing a van soon so the R won't need to be used so much for work and with that comes a big drop in mileage. I'll go from 25k miles per year to more like 4k miles. If I manage to get my project car on the road over winter, it'll be even less than that.

I keep looking at the CRZ, the GT-T model. It's only the same drive train as the Insight, but I really like the coupe body. Weirdly, I also love the Honda E (small fully electric thing). The interior is quite nice, has a feel of 1950s Mid-century styling with a more up-to-date twist. It's a medium term thought, so I'm not getting too invested, I've only just had my FN2 for a year and I'm very much enjoying owning it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do you have any modifications in mind for the FN2 or are you keeping it a stock as possible?
I'm keeping mine stock, as much as I really do love pouring over barely road legal missiles like the ones Jay and Matty own, I see so few stock ones, I find myself wanting to avoid taking another good condition stock car out of that state.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts