2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
323 Posts
Just putting it out there that the FN2 is a very nice Type R, Naturally aspirated Vtec howl, timeless looks, and all the modern toys you need. The FK8 is awesome though!

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just putting it out there that the FN2 is a very nice Type R, Naturally aspirated Vtec howl, timeless looks, and all the modern toys you need. The FK8 is awesome though!
Couldn't agree more! I always thought it got a bad rep! I actually prefer the way it handles to the ep3 which would be something that not a lot of people would agree with, alot more predictable

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Also I think the stock vs stock, the way the vtec is mapped and kicks feels better on the fn2, but the weight of the car let's it down that bit compared to the ep3

·
Registered
Honda Civic Type S GT 2.2cdti
65 Posts
I'd love to see what it hits too and lol thats the only problem I dont want the turbo to give up with the mileage it's already done. I'd love to buy a type R right now but I'm set on the FK8. I want something bigger in size next and power with 5 doors and stay jap and the FK8 ticks all the boxes but it'll be a good few years before I get it.

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd love to see what it hits too and lol thats the only problem I dont want the turbo to give up with the mileage it's already done. I'd love to buy a type R right now but I'm set on the FK8. I want something bigger in size next and power with 5 doors and stay jap and the FK8 ticks all the boxes but it'll be a good few years before I get it.
Have you looked at the fk2? It's Abit cheaper for the same thing as the fn2 but faster and 4 doors

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes I've looked into the fk2 and it is a lot of car for the money but I like the independent rear axle on the FK8 and the shape and design
I don't think there's a "wrong choice" there. Both are lovely, if the FK8 fits better, you're still getting a really rapid and very desirable car! Both are out of my range, which is why I pamper my FN2 (plus I wanted NA as it's probably my last non-hybrid car)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think there's a "wrong choice" there. Both are lovely, if the FK8 fits better, you're still getting a really rapid and very desirable car! Both are out of my range, which is why I pamper my FN2 (plus I wanted NA as it's probably my last non-hybrid car)
Don't get me wrong the FK8 is definitely out of my price range for sure which is why I'd most likely go down the route of waiting to find a good enough salvage FK8 to fix up and keep. But that won't be any time soon.

I know the car is very expensive but I cant see me wanting so sit in anything else. I might just have to run my civic into the ground lol.
One of my mates had the FK2 and I had a lottle blast in it. It felt soo planted to the ground I loved it and still do. I just prefer the crazier look of the FK8.

You never know. I might just go down the route of the ep3 type R and wack a turbo on it lol. The thought had crossed my mind a good few times.
But in all honestly the next car for me will be a 5 door.
Do you have your eye on any specific hybrid?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do you have your eye on any specific hybrid?
Yeah i get what you're saying about the FK8, lovely car that has a real wow factor to it.

Hybrid wise, I'm not sure. That's going to largely depend on my circumstances, and my needs. Work are hopefully providing a van soon so the R won't need to be used so much for work and with that comes a big drop in mileage. I'll go from 25k miles per year to more like 4k miles. If I manage to get my project car on the road over winter, it'll be even less than that.

I keep looking at the CRZ, the GT-T model. It's only the same drive train as the Insight, but I really like the coupe body. Weirdly, I also love the Honda E (small fully electric thing). The interior is quite nice, has a feel of 1950s Mid-century styling with a more up-to-date twist. It's a medium term thought, so I'm not getting too invested, I've only just had my FN2 for a year and I'm very much enjoying owning it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah i get what you're saying about the FK8, lovely car that has a real wow factor to it.

Hybrid wise, I'm not sure. That's going to largely depend on my circumstances, and my needs. Work are hopefully providing a van soon so the R won't need to be used so much for work and with that comes a big drop in mileage. I'll go from 25k miles per year to more like 4k miles. If I manage to get my project car on the road over winter, it'll be even less than that.

I keep looking at the CRZ, the GT-T model. It's only the same drive train as the Insight, but I really like the coupe body. Weirdly, I also love the Honda E (small fully electric thing). The interior is quite nice, has a feel of 1950s Mid-century styling with a more up-to-date twist. It's a medium term thought, so I'm not getting too invested, I've only just had my FN2 for a year and I'm very much enjoying owning it.
Exactly, if I ever have the chance to own an FK8 I'd love to get around 400bhp out of it lol.

You'll definitely have a drop in mileage once you get the work vehicle.
I've drove a few C-HR's but only to pull in Nd out of the garage. They seem okay for the few minutes i sat in them lol.
I do like the look of the Honda E very very much for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Do you have any modifications in mind for the FN2 or are you keeping it a stock as possible?

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,677 Posts
The one thing I don't like about the E is the short centre console. It looks unfinished stopping a foot short of the dash.

Reactions: Squibble

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do you have any modifications in mind for the FN2 or are you keeping it a stock as possible?
I'm keeping mine stock, as much as I really do love pouring over barely road legal missiles like the ones Jay and Matty own, I see so few stock ones, I find myself wanting to avoid taking another good condition stock car out of that state.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm keeping mine stock, as much as I really do love pouring over barely road legal missiles like the ones Jay and Matty own, I see so few stock ones, I find myself wanting to avoid taking another good condition stock car out of that state.
I need a barely road legal missile lol. I don't drive like an idiot but I do love the butterflies you get when you're in a stupidly fast car and floor it on a quiet road.
I like the idea of an average looking sleeper and putting ricers to shame.

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yes I've looked into the fk2 and it is a lot of car for the money but I like the independent rear axle on the FK8 and the shape and design
Yeah if you want the independent rear it's the one you have to go for alright! I like them both equally haha once mapped and a fast road set up I've seen them to eat exotics around the track.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah if you want the independent rear it's the one you have to go for alright! I like them both equally haha once mapped and a fast road set up I've seen them to eat exotics around the track.
I need to start seriously saving up to be able to afford an FK8. Especially with the modifications in mind. Air suspension, map, exhaust, intake, wheels. I need another job lol. Expensive dreams. I've seen turbo ep3's selling for around £13,000 with 400BHP

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I need to start seriously saving up to be able to afford an FK8. Especially with the modifications in mind. Air suspension, map, exhaust, intake, wheels. I need another job lol. Expensive dreams. I've seen turbo ep3's selling for around £13,000 with 400BHP
I'd feel like bagging a type r would ruin it tbh, I have never been in a car on bags though so can't fully comment on how it makes the car handle. I think I need a second job aswell, mad to stick a k24 in this haha thats more then what they use to go for, everything is going up now for sure

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd feel like bagging a type r would ruin it tbh, I have never been in a car on bags though so can't fully comment on how it makes the car handle. I think I need a second job aswell, mad to stick a k24 in this haha thats more then what they use to go for, everything is going up now for sure
I feel like crying lol.. i've only sat in one car with bags and I'll be honest I didnt like it at all. I was MOT'ing a Seat Leon. I think it was a bit of a DIY job and hadn't been set up correctly. I've seen pics of the FK8 lowered on Eibach springs and it looks awesome

21 - 38 of 38 Posts