2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick line to say hello to the forum.

I am an NHS L&D-ist called Paul in real life, and I joined the illustrious ranks of Civic owners as late as March of this year where I bought myself a 2007 1.8 ES i-Shift.

This was actually later than I had intended to change my car - I had planned to that last year but me previous car (a 2002 Jazz) was still running largely as new so I carried on with it for another year. it was still as tight as the proverbial drum when I finally did trade it in.

Glad I did though, the Civic is one superb car. Sold to me by Ruislip Honda whom I cannot praise enough in either sales or servicing, it really was love at first sight.

And what do I love about my Civic?

In no order...

1) The mad *mad* face. (Is it just me or have Honda bottled out with the 2009 and 2012 models; I prefer the original).

2) Cream silver car, black velvet seats. Lovely!

3) The gearbox. I thought I'd want a manual because I'd had a Mk2 Jazz with i-Shift as courtesy car and hated it, but what doesn't make sense on a Jazz engine seems to work very well with the Civic's 1.8.

4) SPACE!! (Yes I know the Jazz has the same seats down as a Civic seats down, but the Civic has much better leg room for the driver (I'm tall) *and* all the space in the back.

5) Everything is automatic!

And finally 6) the sure and certain knowledge that, if properly looked after, it will last until HELL FREEZES OVER. (And even then I'm sure the VSA will keep it steady on the ice).

Cheers

Penguin

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Welcome penquin.

Will batman follow soon? (couldn't help myself)

On a serious note welcome though ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Welcome to the site ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
A quick line to say hello to the forum.

I am an NHS L&D-ist called Paul in real life, and I joined the illustrious ranks of Civic owners as late as March of this year where I bought myself a 2007 1.8 ES i-Shift.

This was actually later than I had intended to change my car - I had planned to that last year but me previous car (a 2002 Jazz) was still running largely as new so I carried on with it for another year. it was still as tight as the proverbial drum when I finally did trade it in.

Glad I did though, the Civic is one superb car. Sold to me by Ruislip Honda whom I cannot praise enough in either sales or servicing, it really was love at first sight.

And what do I love about my Civic?

In no order...

1) The mad *mad* face. (Is it just me or have Honda bottled out with the 2009 and 2012 models; I prefer the original).

2) Cream silver car, black velvet seats. Lovely!

3) The gearbox. I thought I'd want a manual because I'd had a Mk2 Jazz with i-Shift as courtesy car and hated it, but what doesn't make sense on a Jazz engine seems to work very well with the Civic's 1.8.

4) SPACE!! (Yes I know the Jazz has the same seats down as a Civic seats down, but the Civic has much better leg room for the driver (I'm tall) *and* all the space in the back.

5) Everything is automatic!

And finally 6) the sure and certain knowledge that, if properly looked after, it will last until HELL FREEZES OVER. (And even then I'm sure the VSA will keep it steady on the ice).

Cheers

Penguin
Hope you enjoy your new car. I have a 2009 model and agree with the grille, but as mine is an automatic I know they had to put in the extra vents for the new auto gearbox. I Hope you got a good deal with them as I found them to expensive in selling cars but spot on with servicing.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts