2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yet another newbie saying Hello:)

I'm looking for my next car and have booked a test drive in the Type S GT (petrol) for next weekend. I'v never owned or driven a Honda before so I'm really hoping I'm going to like it.

Recently I took out a Golf GT and although it was a great car I don't really need the power and the Honda works out better value for money with its spec.

I'm mainly doing Town driving and the twice monthly 100 mile round trip to visit relly's, so having a powerful car would be like having a racehorse and not being able to let it out.

This is a very informative site, although the faults thread is a bit worrying as I though Honda's were bullet proof.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi,

Yet another newbie saying Hello:)

I'm looking for my next car and have booked a test drive in the Type S GT (petrol) for next weekend. I'v never owned or driven a Honda before so I'm really hoping I'm going to like it.

Recently I took out a Golf GT and although it was a great car I don't really need the power and the Honda works out better value for money with its spec.

I'm mainly doing Town driving and the twice monthly 100 mile round trip to visit relly's, so having a powerful car would be like having a racehorse and not being able to let it out.

This is a very informative site, although the faults thread is a bit worrying as I though Honda's were bullet proof.
Hi TB1!

Welcome to the forum from sunny Wimborne!

I dont think that you'll be disappointed with a Civic. This site can be a little scarey!! However have a look at this thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3310 which should help a little...

:D

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Welcome TB1-kanobe (sorry). We've had our Civic for 4 weeks, and haven't come across any of the problems encountered by others. We were also a bit worried, but it does seem that these problems have been ironed out in newer cars (ours is an 07). And anyway, the inane grin you get from owning a Civic is worth its weight[smilie=grinz.gif]

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome from sunny :cool: (at least today) Bournemouth. There are a few of us around the area.

I have a Sport and do a lot of town driving, mostly to work and back, but love the get up and go when I need it for motorway driving.

Sure you'll be hooked once you have driven the civvie - I was!! Just be prepared for aching cheeks from all the grinning you'll be doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well not long to go till the test drive this Sunday :) Really looking forward to it and I'll post how i get on.

I have spent most of the week trawlling through this Fab site, very informative and the ppls on here seem very friendly :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dickie 0121

Well once you have test driven the Civic you will almost certainly buy one, I test drove the EX CDTi and ended up buying one. They are great to drive and the rear vision is not half as bad as what people make it out to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts