2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place is Ackworth btw, it's in West Yorkshire near Wakefield.

Hi, joined a couple of days ago and wanted to pop my posting cherry :oops:. I haven't got a Civic, yet. But I'm definitely considering getting one. I've gotten fed up of my Pug. 307 and am looking for something a bit more fun, so far the Civic is top of the list.

I also wanted to say thanks for this site, found out loads about the Civic here that isn't in the brochures.After studying the specs I'm probably going to go for a 2.2 Diesel EX, mainly because I love gadgets, will probably go for the iPod connector too. I've seen the comments, but I usually listen to Audiobooks, so just want a simple way to connect the iPod without taking half the car apart.

Based on the comments I'm a bit disappointed with the Sat Nav offered with the EX, especially from a company such as Honda, who are supposed to be innovators. I would have thought that an SD slot for personal POIs wouldn't be asking too much, plus what are they thinking charging £200 for the new disks.

Anyway I'm rambling, so I'll end it there.

Cheers

Dave 8o]

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Welcome Dave!

No, never heard of it...

Map updates are not cheap from anyone I am afraid, but yes a SD slot for POIs would have been cool. Not that I miss it THAT much to be honest.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the site and hopefully to Civic ownership in the not too distant future. :D;)

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Welcome to you !

Build in Satnav whatever the brand of the car you buy are always less practical than PND... but maybe they are more efficient.

Go for the Ex...

PS : I've looked at your location with Google Earth. It look very nice.

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
Welcome Dave,

No never heard of the place, either!

I am not sure about in car sat nav anyway so I am glad my polish version doesn't have it.

But I think you will be very happy with a civic as it is a fantastic car to drive, travel in and to be seen in.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I bit the bullet today and ordered a Galaxy Grey EX Diesel for delivery in March on an 08 plate. Ordered it with the iPod interface

I had a big grin on my face all the way home.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts