2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon

I have found this forum to be extremely useful having googled many Civic questions the top results are always from this site.

Sadly i was involved in an accident recently and my car was written off, the cheque has arrived and the search for a replacement has commenced. I am considering a 2006 onwards Civic Type S but currently torn between petrol and diesel, having heard so many people talk about the CDTi becoming problematic and costly to maintain when it gets older, plus pricier at the pumps and come service time.

I can get answer, lower mileage, better specced 1.8 than the equivalent 2.2 so its in the balance. But anyway i thought i would join as inevitably i will purchase one or the other i should think in the next few days.

Will keep you posted on the search and be in out with questions.

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers buddy, just had a trawl of the classified section and found some lovely examples but all sold :(

Will keep looking.

Si

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo: - It all depends on how many miles you drive per year anything less than 12k then the 1.8 would be the obvious choice but if your a high miler then go for the 2.2 both great cars the 1.8 is the most reliable with virtually no mechanical problems at all. But the 2.2 does have a great boosting sensation with all that torque but does suffer from clutch & flywheel problems & in some cases drinks alot of oil. Good Luck with your search & hope you find one soon:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts