2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello From Surrey (Gatwick Area) - Saving an EK4

821 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Cozy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but not new to Honda of the scene; I return as a previous long standing member of CivicLife and a couple of forums before it :). Sadly I no longer own a Honda and haven't for a few years but I am in the process of taking on a project with the aim to save an ageing great from the scrap heap.

I've owned two Civic's myself, the first being a ChargeSpeed EG5 ESi which was perhaps my favourite, but also an EK4 VTi which remained untouched.
Both went off to happy homes...I hope.

We also have a family owned EK4 VTi in Supersonic Blue which started life brand new with my parents and then as it aged was handed down to my sister. This car has remained untouched but now, as a 14yr old car (MY00) its age is catching up and requires a small overhaul on some wear and tear items.
My Sister, being a rather spontaneous type and annoyed with a groany wheel bearing decided to dump the car and buy a new one with plans for a scrap company to take it away and crush it. I recoiled in horror at this point, thought back to my teens and have decided to buy it from her and have cancelled the crusher.

In the coming weeks I'll be working hard on her starting with a deep clean and detail and then at my expense replacing a majority of the suspension bushings regardless of state, brakes, wheel bearings and whatever else.

I'd really love to keep this car and turn it into a fun trackday toy but the plan is most honestly only to save it from death, return a great car to former glory and release it to a new owner who, like my a few years back, will love it to death and put their own mark on it.

I have a question mind. Is there a market for these cars still or is all the attention on cheap EP3's? I'm considering my options when it comes to picking the right media to advertise the car, whether that be AutoTrader for Joe Public, PistonHeads or a forum for the enthusiasts.

I see a few EP3's and FN2's around this way and although I drive the Devil, give me a wave :)

BMW 135i with a few extra parts - 440bhp/512lb-ft

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)

I have a few extra pics which I've attached below.

It's the twin-turbo model (as opposed to twin-scroll single) and contrary to popular belief, the turbo's are of equal size rather than staggered. The result being low lag and consistent boost build rather than the power step sometimes experienced with little and large.

I've thrown a few things at it but ultimately it's pretty much where most people would be happy from the get go. 'Standard equipment' includes Brembo 6-Piston calipers and a fully forged engine. Still, I'm not most people so...

- Turbo-back Exhaust System
- Large(er) FMIC
- Mapping to suit
- Bilstein B12 Suspension
- M3 Underpinnings (bushes, arms, ARB's) + Geo

There are a few things to do still such as a trip to Litchfield Imports next month for some fine tuning, a mechanical LSD (eLSD is actually very good so this is a WANT rather than NEED I guess), some wider wheels to accept a wider tyre at the rear and then that's probably it for a while. New direct-swap turbo's with a TD04L turbine wheel will net around 550bhp but interim Meth is always an option for another 30hp.

It doesn't need any more though, it's quite 'thrilling' to drive at the best of times.

#6 ·
Hi cozy.
Fair play saving an EK. Absolutely love em! Had to sell mine when I bought my FN2. Still miss it! The thought of a B16 being crushed.....well!
EK' still seem to get a lotta love. Just go to any jap show/meet (not that you would in a Beemer!) and they'll be loads of em boosted, slammed and stanced.
IMO I think you'd be better off advertising it on forums. Personally didn't have any joy on Auto trader. Sold mine on e bay in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::top:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.