2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) Hi Everyone
My name is JohnG I’ve been lurking around this site for the last couple of days; it took me awhile to find this site.
We bought our Type R in August 2007 after selling our BMW M3 SMG E36. The Type R has currently got just under 10K on the odometer. The Civic is stock standard the MINI now that’s another story
At time of writing I’ve still only seen about six Type R’s in Sydney, give them a wave and nod (comes from owning a MINI)
We also have a BMW MINI Cooper S which I spend more time in as where member s of two other MINI clubs and they organize lots of drive days
I also share what seems to be a common problem with other Type R owners :mad: chipped paint on the bonnet; I’ve never had a car that chips so easy.
Anyway I will end up chatting with some of you over time, if anyone is from Sydney and wants to organise a drive day sometime I’m up for it.
My wife and I are both in the IT industry, my other interests are taking photos as you will see; most of my photographs are candid everyday shots.
You can find photos here

http://photos.newsys.com.au/

Type R specific here
http://photos.newsys.com.au/Cars/183959

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Hi, and welcome AU_CTR.

Beautiful photos of your car. Looks ace. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

My daughters flying to Sydney on 11th June for a holiday, so can you arrange some good weather for her please! :cool: She's staying in an area called Maroubra and visiting a few friends. :D

Love your Mini photos. This was my previous Mini, a Cooper S Works. Loved it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Hi AU_CTR welcome to Civinfo.
These photographs are excellent, I think you should add the CTR ones to the Gallery.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Welcome!

A few other Type-Rs from Aus on this forum.
Not sure if they are in Sydney... but an Australian Civinfo meeting would be cool. :cool:

Chips are part of owning a Civic I am afraid.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome!

Seems the Type R is popular in Australia !

The car looks great - Milano Red!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, and welcome AU_CTR.

Beautiful photos of your car. Looks ace. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

My daughters flying to Sydney on 11th June for a holiday, so can you arrange some good weather for her please! :cool: She's staying in an area called Maroubra and visiting a few friends. :D

Love your Mini photos. This was my previous Mini, a Cooper S Works. Loved it![/quote]

Many thank and I'll do my best regarding the weather, your MINI is very nice as well ... but why did you sell it, as much as I love the CTR (I know I'll get shot down for saying this) it dosent come near the MINI for build quality and exhilarating drive

PM me regarding how long your daughter is over for, and if she wants to come out for a drive with us meet some fellow CTR or MINI drivers

PS did you see the BIG brakes I put on the MINI Awsome stopping power
NEWSYS : photos : D2 Racingsport Brakes & Coilovers- powered by SmugMug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi AU_CTR welcome to Civinfo.
These photographs are excellent, I think you should add the CTR ones to the Gallery.

Many thanks for your kind comments, and yes I'll get around to copying the best ones in the gallery section, going on a drive tomorrow so may get some scenic ones

cheers
JohnG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I like the photos, especially this one

What is the light half way between the fog lights ???
Thanks for you comments as well, you know I hadnt noticed that glow in the centre before but it must be reflection from the wet road, I definatly don't have a light in the centre

Cheers
JohnG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!

A few other Type-Rs from Aus on this forum.
Not sure if they are in Sydney... but an Australian Civinfo meeting would be cool. :cool:

Chips are part of owning a Civic I am afraid.
Regarding a Australian Civinfo meeting YES PLEASE anyone wanting a drive down south say Maquarie Pass excellent corners PM me

Cheers
JohnG

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Many thank and I'll do my best regarding the weather, your MINI is very nice as well ... but why did you sell it, as much as I love the CTR (I know I'll get shot down for saying this) it dosent come near the MINI for build quality and exhilarating drive

PM me regarding how long your daughter is over for, and if she wants to come out for a drive with us meet some fellow CTR or MINI drivers

PS did you see the BIG brakes I put on the MINI Awsome stopping power
NEWSYS : photos : D2 Racingsport Brakes & Coilovers- powered by SmugMug

Those brakes could stop a 747!!

I reluctantly px'd it for my current EX as my wife found the ride a bit to firm in the mini and it was a bit cramped when taking out friends. It had lots of extras; Harmon Kardon HiFi, Sat-Nav, Body Kit, Dual Sunroof, Leather, 'Works' conversion etc....oh how I miss it....but my current EX is good, but as you say, not to the same standard; I'd have another one tomorrow...:D It was like turning on twin jet engines when you dropped a couple of gears and floored it!!!...down-side of that was checking the fuel gauge afterwards!!

My daughter is in Sydney from 11th until 25th, but she may stay a bit longer, if circumstances permit. I'm not sure of her itinerary, but I'll check with her and get back to you. Thanks for your kind offer. :D

As we used to say in the old CB days...keep the shiny side up; and the greasy side down....good luck. Al.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi John and welcome to civinfo. :)

Great pictures. My wife has a Mini and whilst it does handle well, I prefer the CTR. :D

There are a few members on here that have come from a Mini to the Civic, I'm sure they'll share their opinions too. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi John and welcome to civinfo. :)

There are a few members on here that have come from a Mini to the Civic
As I'm finding out, whilst reading more threads on this forum

Ah BUT I didn't ditch the MINI I kepted both so got the BEST of both worlds

Nice hear from you

Cheers
JohnG

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Hello Down Under!

Welcome to civinfo! :D
You are a good photographer!

Greetings from the high North! [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are very lucky to have the british type r there! It's an awesome car but it wouldn't be cheaper to Honda to import the japanese Type R?

Greets

Hi how you doing, the Civic sells for $43,900 on road (21,184 GBP) and only comes in Type R here you cant get Type S and our Type R from what I can see from the Galleries looks a little different

Have you got any pics in the gallery if so can you paste a link please?

1. Storage area above gear shif is open no flap/door
2. Is your gear shift Stainless Steel ball type with red stiched leather boot surround?
3. Fog lights standard
4. 4 Seatbelts only (or this the Type S I'm noticing with 5 people)
5. Body colour side skirts
6. No sunroof option
7. No satnav option

cheers
JohnG

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi how you doing, the Civic sells for $43,900 on road (21,184 GBP) and only comes in Type R here you cant get Type S and our Type R from what I can see from the Galleries looks a little different

Have you got any pics in the gallery if so can you paste a link please?

1. Storage area above gear shif is open no flap/door
2. Is your gear shift Stainless Steel ball type with red stiched leather boot surround?
3. Fog lights standard
4. 4 Seatbelts only (or this the Type S I'm noticing with 5 people)
5. Body colour side skirts
6. No sunroof option
7. No satnav option

cheers
JohnG
In Europe the exact spec varies from country to country but....

Only 4 seatbelts.
No sunroof.
Satnav is only sold where there is map coverage.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts