2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

After 5 years on Mini2 and other Mini sites I am defecting - I will be swapping my Cooper S for a Type S GT (CTDI) next Saturday.

I have a few pictures from Autotrader of my new car but they are a little small so will post some bigger ones next week.

I will be on here quite a lot from now on so I am sure I will be having conversations with some of you in the near future

Tony

Attachments

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Welcome from me too. This is a great site. Very compulsive and a fantastic resource.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Hi Tony, and welcome to the best Civic site on the web.

Is the Mini actually any good?
There has been a few members on here who have previously had a Mini, and have been glad to see the back of it. The car's were nothing but trouble, and it sounded like the dealers couldn't or wouldn't sort the problems out. :mad:
Oppps, that sounds like the experience of a small amount of the members here :oops:

Right, finish on a positive note. Enjoy your car. You have made a great decision. :D

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Hi Tony, and welcome. I look forward to seeing you around W Yorks. Don't forget to get yourself a civinfo sticker. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Tony, and welcome to the best Civic site on the web.

Is the Mini actually any good?
There has been a few members on here who have previously had a Mini, and have been glad to see the back of it. The car's were nothing but trouble, and it sounded like the dealers couldn't or wouldn't sort the problems out. :mad:
Oppps, that sounds like the experience of a small amount of the members here :oops:

Right, finish on a positive note. Enjoy your car. You have made a great decision. :D
I have had three Mini's over the 5 years and have had no problems with them at all - The dealers that I used (Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield) all were very helpful (to me anyway).

I have been a member of a number of Mini clubs as well as going to numerous meets and runs organised through Mini2.com etc and generally most owners loved their cars.

Yes I did hear a few horror stories about some dealerships but generally they were ok. When the Mini first came out there were stories about some dealerships not treating Mini owners with the same respect that they had towards BMW owners - but from quite early on most dealerships started employing dedicated staff for Mini and these stories all but disappeared.

I will never speak badly about the Mini and will be sad to see mine go - one of the main reasons I am swapping is the fuel economy on my Cooper S is appalling (but thats superchargers for you) and they are not the most practical of cars to use on a daily basis (boot size etc).

I am looking forward to picking up my Type S next week and am glad to have found this site - it seems that the Civic has a good social network like I have enjoyed with the Mini and I hope to become an active part of it in the months and years to come.

I have attached a picture of the Mini Cooper S that I am swapping for the Type S - I have loved every minute of owning the car.

Tony

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum Maquis :)

check out the Yorks meet in Jan, be nice to see you and your spaceship :)

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tony, and welcome. I look forward to seeing you around W Yorks. Don't forget to get yourself a civinfo sticker. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

I will keep an eye out for you - sticker purchased - lets see which I get first - the car or the sticker:)

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum Maquis :)

check out the Yorks meet in Jan, be nice to see you and your spaceship :)
I have put my name down - It will be good to meet some of you - need to get some ideas:)

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car looks awesome. Is it new?
No its not new - it was Stratstone's in Leeds Demonstrator - It was registered in September (57 reg) - I wasn't looking for a red one before I saw this one but it looks great with the 18" Blade alloys and the Image pack. It has the bluetooth kit that I wanted already fitted as well - the only thing that it was missing was an Ipod dock but I am going to source and fit one myself (just need to work out which one works best).

I see that you have the Type R grill fitted to yours - When I was in the dealers yesterday I was having a look to see if the swap was possible - and found Civinfo whilst looking to see if anyone else had done it. This will more than likely be the first Mod that I will be doing to mine. Would love the Type R seats but don't think I will ever be able to afford them.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
No its not new - it was Stratstone's in Leeds Demonstrator - It was registered in September (57 reg) - I wasn't looking for a red one before I saw this one but it looks great with the 18" Blade alloys and the Image pack. It has the bluetooth kit that I wanted already fitted as well - the only thing that it was missing was an Ipod dock but I am going to source and fit one myself (just need to work out which one works best).

I see that you have the Type R grill fitted to yours - When I was in the dealers yesterday I was having a look to see if the swap was possible - and found Civinfo whilst looking to see if anyone else had done it. This will more than likely be the first Mod that I will be doing to mine. Would love the Type R seats but don't think I will ever be able to afford them.
I paid £220 for it from Stratstone Bradford. They dropped the price after they buggered me about/broke my boot liner fitting the rear parking sensors.
The grill is a sod to fit. IMO it does look better
See you in January
Merry Xmas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts