2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Joined the forum a week or so ago when I picked up my 59 plate Milano red Civic Type R, but have been having that much fun in it that I've only just found time to say hi! My previous car was a Skoda Octavia Vrs, but being 20 I had no need for a car that size, so when this popped up locally I had to have it! Really loving the CTR, a completely different beast to my previous car, but the Vtec!!!:popcorn: a few subtle plans to mod, spacers, possible suspension drop (insurance cost permitting) and a few cosmetic things such as wind deflectors, but lots of ideas I have got off here already.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Enjoy the VTEC

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the friendly welcome, I have looked around the forum a little more and I am starting to get the modding itch again looking at some of the stunning cars on here!

Hello and Welcome!
Where in Worcester? I'll have to keep an eye out for you.
I live in the St. John's area, I actually got the car from the Startin Honda dealer up the road.

Jd1986 said:
How do you find the FN2 compared to the VRs?
It is completely different to drive, the VRS was a quick car, I had a stage 1 map on it and was pushing 250bhp, in a straight line it pulled in all gears at all revs and would upset any big German saloons, I would say it was actually quicker than the CTR in a straight line but in the corners and on country roads the CTR is so much better! I would also say that the build quality in the Honda is far better as well, no cheap plastics and much more of a head turner than the discreet VrS

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Welcome! I'm 20 also, was the insurance for your VRS expensive? I looked about 6 months ago and it was ridiculous for me!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome! I'm 20 also, was the insurance for your VRS expensive? I looked about 6 months ago and it was ridiculous for me!
Standard it was the same as the CTR at 800 ish with 2 years NcD once remapped it was 1000 fully comp

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts