2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon People,

It's a long way off the cards but I am going to be purchasing a Civic 2.2 D Type S GT in September when some savings mature. I would love a Type R but the 300 mile a week commute wouldn't be ideal haha.

I considered getting a Volvo C30 2.0d or a GT TDI Golf but the Civic wins on tax/insurance/MPG so its a no brainier for me.

I've had Japanese cars in the past and I miss them so that's another reason too.

I just wanted to say hello and do some studying in the forums. I will probably go to Japfest so possibly come say hello and check out some of your cars ;)

Celtic remap will be first then who knows after that :)

Ryan

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Another Yorkshire lad, welcome!

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Afternoon People,

It's a long way off the cards but I am going to be purchasing a Civic 2.2 D Type S GT in September when some savings mature. I would love a Type R but the 300 mile a week commute wouldn't be ideal haha.

I considered getting a Volvo C30 2.0d or a GT TDI Golf but the Civic wins on tax/insurance/MPG so its a no brainier for me.

I've had Japanese cars in the past and I miss them so that's another reason too.

I just wanted to say hello and do some studying in the forums. I will probably go to Japfest so possibly come say hello and check out some of your cars ;)

Celtic remap will be first then who knows after that :)

Ryan

Hello Ryan and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I had mine remapped as soon as i got it, done 8k since and its never slipped, bite point is still right at the bottom since owning it so guessing it had new clutch in.

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
Well done, do you drive carefully and feed in the power gradually?

After my remap I got approx 2k miles before the clutch first slipped, when tooling around.

Some 8k miles later and it's still fine for general driving. Albeit with a low bite point.

At the mo it even holds when abusing it, but it won't last and it'll slip under hard acceleration again soon.

I reckon some maps are better than others on clutches/drivetrains. A map with a big surge of power will inevitably put more of a strain on components.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts