2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello from Yorkshire

638 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Welshivic 
#1 ·
Afternoon People,

It's a long way off the cards but I am going to be purchasing a Civic 2.2 D Type S GT in September when some savings mature. I would love a Type R but the 300 mile a week commute wouldn't be ideal haha.

I considered getting a Volvo C30 2.0d or a GT TDI Golf but the Civic wins on tax/insurance/MPG so its a no brainier for me.

I've had Japanese cars in the past and I miss them so that's another reason too.

I just wanted to say hello and do some studying in the forums. I will probably go to Japfest so possibly come say hello and check out some of your cars ;)

Celtic remap will be first then who knows after that :)

Ryan

#6 ·
Another Yorkshire lad, welcome!

#9 ·
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo[emoji57]

#13 ·
Well done, do you drive carefully and feed in the power gradually?

After my remap I got approx 2k miles before the clutch first slipped, when tooling around.

Some 8k miles later and it's still fine for general driving. Albeit with a low bite point.

At the mo it even holds when abusing it, but it won't last and it'll slip under hard acceleration again soon.

I reckon some maps are better than others on clutches/drivetrains. A map with a big surge of power will inevitably put more of a strain on components.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.