2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this site.

I have recently used the scrappage scheme on my gas-guzzling Honda Legend for a new Civic Type-S 1.4. The new car is ready for collection next Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Wecome to the best forum for the best people. That`s quite a contrast in cars so what did you think of the Civic on your test drive compared to the Legend :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wecome to the best forum for the best people. That`s quite a contrast in cars so what did you think of the Civic on your test drive compared to the Legend :D
:eek:I didn't test drive it!

I test drove the 1.8 civic and liked it especially the handling and test drove the jazz with the 1.4 engine. I was actually going to buy the jazz in all honesty but liked the look of the civic. I hope I am not going to get a shock after spending £12K on it.

I never liked the legend. In all honesty, it is awful. It was an auto :(. It barely got more than 19mpg and went through front tyres every 8000miles.

It was given to be by my old man when he bought an XFR. Being 22 and being at university with only part time work I don't earn that much. Running costs (servicing, parts and petrol) for the legend were driving me insane (literally.)

My first car was a civic anyway (please excuse the chavvy type-r badge on the car. I was 17 at the time.):

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys especially the 1.4 owners.

I post some photos when it arrives.

I have had the 5 year servicing, mats and the ipod dock included.

Has anybody bought the illuminated door trims, they look quite nice.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am really excited about picking up the car tomorrow. I passed the garage to hand in the old car and sign a few documents and saw the ipod connection being installed. I feel like a 12 year old who can't sleep on Christmas eve.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi I received the car today.

Unfortunately the only dealer option has a fault. The ipod link doesn't always connect so they will loan my a civic type r when it goes in to be sorted.

I will post photos later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts