1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Jim and I have joined ...
hello to one and all..
Help.lol
The reason I mainly joined is that I have just brought a 07 plate Honda Civic type S Diesel and it looks like it might have a cracked Exhaust manifold .
The car is a bit fumes in side ,,I love the car itself even though I have only had it for a day .i brought it 150 miles away so I'm going to get hold of the dealer I brought it of and see if he will help me but I did buy it brought as seen soooooo don't know where I stand with that ...can anyone recommend a good place to buy another manifold and gasket set .i have a very good friend how is a mobile mechanic how I'm sure will help me out.iwould have a go but I'm just getting over having my kidney removed due so some cancer but I'm tiptop now but sore ..but I realy could do with some help with this ..I realy want to keep the car and have spent most of my budget .any positive help would be great .
I live in Dover , Kent..
Thanks for taking time reading this ...
Jim

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Was the car advertised FS with a cracked manifold? If not, then it isn't fit for purpose, is dangerous and they should be granted the opportunity to resolve it.

Later manifolds are one piece and do not crack along the join. They pop up on eBay regularly.

If the dealer will not fix it, then you either fit a new'un or someone like Premier Tuning can weld up your broken unit.

So you have several options available.

Good luck getting it sorted.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello .
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I had the bottom tray ok yesterday and it's sooty high up and all the lower joins are clean ..
I'm looking at and in talks with Premier Tuning about having it repaired and he seems a real helpful bloke . Has anyone used him with the same problem . I might even get a little tuning done if I can find a few more Quid..
I live in Dover, Kent so it's a bit of a drive to Premier but he seems a good price and it's a good excuse for a drive ..
Any advice on the manifold would be grate full.

jim

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Gaffa tape? Just kidding and welcome. Sorry to hear about your problem. Whilst your trying to sort out your problem with whomevers', write a letter (or email) to Honda UK and see what their stance is. Have you found the pen?

Late to the show as usual!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello again .
I have sent a email to the MD of Honda and Honda UK..so will see .
But it looks like I'm going to use Premier Tuning he seems very helpful..
The so called trader G U Cars says I got the car cheap and he will only pay £100 towards the fix or he said return the car ..I don't want to return the car so I'm a bit stuffed and the trader is a long way away..

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Hello again .
I have sent a email to the MD of Honda and Honda UK..so will see .
But it looks like I'm going to use Premier Tuning he seems very helpful..
The so called trader G U Cars says I got the car cheap and he will only pay £100 towards the fix or he said return the car ..I don't want to return the car so I'm a bit stuffed and the trader is a long way away..

call his bluff and return the car

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello Jim & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts