2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello as I'll hopefully be around this forum for a while after picking up a lovely Milano Red FN2 GT last week. Its a 57 plate with FHSH and one owner from new.

I sold my 2005 Impreza STi about 8 weeks ago with the intention of also selling my van and just having one vehicle. I was going to buy a newer van with a second row of seats to reduce my running costs a bit. I also considered a nice estate so again I only had one lot of tax, MOT etc.

So just before Christmas I went looking at some newish VW caddy vans, very nice they were too but, I think I'd get bored very quickly. So I went to BMW Sheffield to look at a nice 320d msport touring again very nice, but I would need the car to tow my motorbike (offroad) into fields, quarrys etc and it was just too nice to abuse it like that. However the garage had a very nice looking FN2 in. I got talking to the salesmen about it, mentioned I used to have an EP3. Before I know it I've left a deposit :)

And I love it! I know I've still got two loads of bills but they will be lower with the CTR than the Impreza. Its nowhere near as quick as the Impreza which was about 330bhp but theres more to it than outright power IMO. Theres something very addictive about letting that needle swing round to 8000rpm, K20 singing, grabbing another cog and keeping it in the sweet spot. Whereas the Impreza could almost be left in say 3rd or 4th and it'd pull you head off regardless. The civics also a bit more practical as my dog can even come for a ride in the boot!

I've ordered some wind deflectors and in the next day or so I think I'll take the plunge and get a HKS RSK intake ordered up! I had a Tegiwa intake on my EP3 and I reckon it was the best mod I did. I love to hear the crossover into Vtec

Sorry for the essay, and I'll try and get some pics up soon.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Welcome along bud the type-r is definitely rewarding driving experience as you said despite not having eye watering headline power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes!

First package turned up today, wind deflectors.
Also ordered the HKS RSK and heat shield last night so hopefully that will be here for fitting at the weekend. I'll also try and get some pics when I fit it

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts