2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Like the site, if I'd have known about it I wouldn't have bought a civic, however I have now so here are some of my gripes to date.

I have just bought a 2.2 cdti (2007 model) and have all the numerous problems everyone else seems to have. Bought it on 20th Novemebr 2006.

It appears the new models are also bug ridden.

The car is a shoddy piece of workmanship for a £17grand car and I am totally dissapointed with it. Certainly won't be having another Honda. Wish I'd gone for a second hand lexus now.
1) Noisey Diesel tank, sounds like I am on a canal barge when full.
2) Rear shockers (I think everyone has this at some point)
3) Loose tweeter speaker in front driver
4) Something loose in drivers door.
5) Scratched Dash board (already) (wasn't aware breathing on it would scratch it, lol)
6) Rear doors tough to open (Really have to pull hard on them)
7) Passenger wiper squeaks on low setting
8) Fuel cap will occasionally not open
9) Condensation on the rear hatch
10) Plastic trim coming loose/poor build quality over front wheel arches
11) Bonnet misaligned. 1cm gap on the right compared to left

I have already wrote a letter of complaint to Honda UK who have fobbed me off about the diesel tank saying it is a characteristic of the car. However since being informed about this site points 5-11 are also going to be highlighted. I have also been in touch with Trading standards who have advised me about the Sale of goods Act 1979. I haven't tackled my local dealer yet about points 5-11 but when I do I will be asking for a replacement car under the above act. It hasn't been in yet about the rear shockers as they are on back order and are expected at some point in the future or something loose in the door. However the tweeter happened whan I was in complaining about the diesel tank and all they did was put some foam behind it to pad it out. Some fix ehhh.

However, the car is a joy to ride in and a pleasure to drive.
Roll on happier days

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Is there something wrong with my car:?: I've had none of those problems, in fact, the only problem I have had was a minor adjustment to the drivers seat slide (a component was fitted upside down at the factory). Otherwise this is one of the most reliable and fault free cars I've ever had. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there something wrong with my car:?: I've had none of those problems, in fact, the only problem I have had was a minor adjustment to the drivers seat slide (a component was fitted upside down at the factory). Otherwise this is one of the most reliable and fault free cars I've ever had. :D
lucky you:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Heysidays,
Would be interested in what advice Trading Standards gave you, I seem to be heading in that direction myself.

Rear Shocks and Fuel filler flap problems on a 2007 model, unbelievable, are Honda fixing any of these issues ?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No make or model is perfect. Most of us have had a problem or two, but you just take it to the dealer to get them sorted.

The cap and shocks take about an hour to be fixed, and doesn't cost. Once it's done it's done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Same with mine Allan all has been okay - and not wishing to tempt fate - so far.
A couple of days ago, while getting somewhat paranoid, (blame Civinfo) I tested the fuel flap. It did take a couple of tugs on the lever to open! Hmmm.

Had the fuel pump precaution recall looked at - that was fine.

Car is great - any gripes had/have are all dealership or Honda CS related.

Best go and check that fuel flap again!!

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
These things just happen to new cars, Members joing in 2/3/4 years will be amazed at all the bother we've gone through so they can drive fault free!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hello there :D

I am probably one of this sites long term moaners!

I had problems 2, 5 and 6 amongst others problems with my first Civic (I wont bore everyone by going over the same thing) and problems 6, 7, 8 and 9 together with several other ongoing issues with the replacement.

It would seem there are many issues with the Civic that Honda like to refer to as "characteristics" but I prefer to call them "faults" [smilie=cheeky-grin:

I had my car looked at last Wednesday by some guys from Swindon and was told that Honda Uk would get back to me the following day or Friday. I chased them yesterday (twice) as I had heard nothing and they didnt return my calls. It is very frustrating indeed.

However, the car is great to drive and to look at and I am just looking forward to the day that all is fixed and I can enjoy it :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Am I right in thinking that you haven't given Honda or your dealer a chance to fix most of the faults that you have listed here??

I think asking for a new car on the back of points 1 to 4 is asking a bit much when you say that you haven't even tackled the dealer on the rest of the issues.

Come back and have a moan when some of the problems aren't fixed.;)

Here's hoping that your Dealer can turn things around for you.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
These things just happen to new cars, Members joing in 2/3/4 years will be amazed at all the bother we've gone through so they can drive fault free!
Utterly true, czechplastic. Damned annoying for the current owners though. And it really shouldn't happen...not to the true Honda loyalists on this site anyway!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am not annoyed with the car at all :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heysidays,
Would be interested in what advice Trading Standards gave you, I seem to be heading in that direction myself.

Rear Shocks and Fuel filler flap problems on a 2007 model, unbelievable, are Honda fixing any of these issues ?
They have quoted sales of good acts 1979. They also said document everything, send a letter recorded delivery so they can't deny it, keep the receipt. And most importantly they said that the act can be enforced if the goods are not of satisfactory quality.

(Which they clearly are not).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Oi, stop moaning! :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Am I right in thinking that you haven't given Honda or your dealer a chance to fix most of the faults that you have listed here??

I think asking for a new car on the back of points 1 to 4 is asking a bit much when you say that you haven't even tackled the dealer on the rest of the issues.

Come back and have a moan when some of the problems aren't fixed.;)

Here's hoping that your Dealer can turn things around for you.[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Yes I haven't tackled the dealer yet, however I am having a call back from the General manager so we will see how it unfolds. You are right on points 1-4 but if you take points 1-11 into consideration then i am pretty sure I have a case.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
They have quoted sales of good acts 1979. They also said document everything, send a letter recorded delivery so they can't deny it, keep the receipt. And most importantly they said that the act can be enforced if the goods are not of satisfactory quality.

(Which they clearly are not).
The act also allows the dealer reasonable time to set things right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts