2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive bin an avid reader of Civic Info for a number of years. I bought my first civic back in 2009....a 1 year old (58 plate) Type R GT, boy did I love that car.

Due to new family I had to change to a 5 door (58 plate) 2.2 CTDi SE......not quite the same as my beloved Type R!

Just thought I would say hi and hopefully some of you may be able to help me with any posts etc.

Cheers,

Jonny L

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers....very friendly people!

Not sure if you could help me but I have a 58 plate Civic 2.2 CTDi SE and I want to get an aux in installed. I have been pointed towards the Connects2 by Honda (as they don't stock any parts for this) but I cant seem to find one that is compatible with my model.

I am not sure what the radio is but its the one fully built in and comes as factory standard. All the Connects2 I have found say they are compatible with a Pioneer radio and don't say they are compatible with a 2008 plate civic!?

Any thoughts on what I need and also where I can source it from!?

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thakns for the advice robbobaggins!

Would you know if I would need the Y splitter or not. I just have the standard factory radio with no Sat Nav and its a 2008 plate civic SE ctdi?

Cheers,

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thakns for the advice robbobaggins!

Would you know if I would need the Y splitter or not. I just have the standard factory radio with no Sat Nav and its a 2008 plate civic SE ctdi?

Cheers,
:welcome4:

If you just want a standard AUX in, you need the "CTVHOX001" from Connects2. This works by just plugging into the back of the head unit (which is by Pioneer).

If you install the Xcarlink it's identical in terms of install but you get a few more features.
If you've got no sat nav, you don't need the Y cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:welcome4:

If you just want a standard AUX in, you need the "CTVHOX001" from Connects2. This works by just plugging into the back of the head unit (which is by Pioneer).

If you install the Xcarlink it's identical in terms of install but you get a few more features.
If you've got no sat nav, you don't need the Y cable.
Cheers Syx,

I've got the Xcarlink on order should be with me today! Going to attempt to install it it over the weekend! Fingers crossed I can manage it and it goes well!!.

Cheers,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts