2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker on this forum and it has given me help anytime I have needed it and decided its time to join and hopefully get involved in some of the banter.

Have had her for 11 months now and I still get a little buzz every time the the rev counter lights up and I press the start button. :)

Had 33k when i got her and now has 45k. Has never let me down once. The car was an ex demo and has been probably been given death before i got it but you pay your money and take your chance as they say.

Did have a 3rd gear scynchro issue but fair play to arnold shark they replaced it under the 2 month warranty as soon as i told them about it.

Dropping gears straight to v-tec or letting the revs build is extremely addictive and while it's not the fastest in a straight line the noise and handling more than make up for it imo.

For me this car still turns heads even now and everytime i walk up to it I know i made the right choice.

However I do have some groans and would be interesting to see if you guys feel the same if your using your car everyday.

The ride imo is sharp enough to cut diamonds when your just wanting to get to work and you've not long woke up. :)

My clutch seems to either be on or off right at the bottom of the pedal ( has been like this since i got it ) Can make smooth gear changes a pain at slower speeds. Although maybe pilot error is the cause.

Rattles, rattles and more rattles. Seems to be better in the summer mind you.

Paint that evaporates before your eyes.

The government charging me silly amounts in petrol and road tax to run it.

Lastly, The girlfriend constantly moaning about how i care about the car more than her, spend more money on the car than her and generally her lack of respect for my motor :mad:

Anyway sorry for dragging on. Hope I haven't bored you all.

Cheers

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Lol!

Not a truer word said in those last few paragraphs! :D

The paint does seem to be made of chalk I must admit but then again the Japanese never have been able to paint cars!

*runs and hides as it was thrown together in Swindon*

·
Registered
905 Posts
Lastly, The girlfriend constantly moaning about how i care about the car more than her, spend more money on the car than her and generally her lack of respect for my motor.

I've herd that said before by 2 of ex girlfriends....the Honda was simply better looking and didn't moan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guy's. Good to finally be on here.

I've herd that said before by 2 of ex girlfriends....the Honda was simply better looking and didn't moan[/QUOTE]

She really doesn't get it.

Dont know how many times i have told her all she has to do is "close" the door not slam it shut as hard as she can. :facepalm:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Cheers guy's. Good to finally be on here.

I've herd that said before by 2 of ex girlfriends....the Honda was simply better looking and didn't moan
She really doesn't get it.

Dont know how many times i have told her all she has to do is "close" the door not slam it shut as hard as she can. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

Does a women a scream at 8,000 rpm... The answer is no, she just screams at you for buying another mod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts