2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

After lurking around these forums for a while unregistered as a member, I thought it was far too long to be rude of me to not join and introduce myself, so here we are.. Hi I'm Carl! :D馃憢

Purchased my FN2 Type R a few months back after living life with a Poor man's Focus ST Mk2 (I say poor man's Focus ST as this was originally a Focus Ghia which I then converted to an ST replica) until I was pumping more and more money into it to keep it passing an MOT every year after sadly showing its age all too much. On the last MOT I decided enough was enough after pumping it with 拢500 worth of more repairs just to get it to pass one more time, and then settled for the Type R as a replacement. I thought it was about time that at my age while i have no kids, wife or other half to moan at me.. to get myself something I can have some fun in, and treat myself to something nice at the same time! (which I never do) And so far it hasn't disappointed!

List of Mods/work done so far:

• Front Parking sensors
  • Ipod connection converted to Aux 3.5mm jack via adaptors
  • Replaced the PCV Valve as this was hissing a bit.
  • Replaced screws on the inside of the wheel arch lining as the heads on these had all sheared off across all 4 wheel arches (believe that the wrong screws were used previously as when removed were considerably larger than the genuine ones purchased from Honda)

To-do list:

• Oil change
  • Replace gear stick knob (once arrives)
  • look at cleaning/ replacing the fog lights as it seems at some point a bulb has blown/ was too high powered and has charred the inside lenses.
  • HKS RSK induction kit (once funds allow or one pops up on ebay for cheap)

So anyways here she is.. an unusual but very well looked after one, with quite a selection of extras on it.. I.e. Satnav, GP body kit etc.

- Carl -

Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
Welcome, looks like you got some nice extra, especially the gp kit馃憤

Registered
CW GT
Welcome aboard mate. Thats a nice look liking the modern colour n black offset but i am slightly biased tbf :)

Registered
Nice. Welcome to the forums what year is it from?

From 2009 or 2010 they come with LSD standard. I keep debating on whether to throw the towel in with my R18 Type S - the fuel economy is about the same as that of a Type R and it's worse with the E10.

Registered
Welcome! Swear I鈥檝e seen this car still on autotrader? Sorry, I鈥檝e been looking for one for weeks and this caught my eye a few times and I could never get a response from the garage. You buying it is probably the reason 馃槀 enjoy mate!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome aboard mate. Thats a nice look liking the modern colour n black offset but i am slightly biased tbf :)
Thanks Mando! haha yes i very much like the offset of colours myself! debating changing the mirror caps to black and then the door handles and fuel cap to those carbonmyride ones maybe to better offset it a bit more? 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice. Welcome to the forums what year is it from?

From 2009 or 2010 they come with LSD standard. I keep debating on whether to throw the towel in with my R18 Type S - the fuel economy is about the same as that of a Type R and it's worse with the E10.
Thanks Lukey! This is a 2008 model so just before the LSD became standard on them, but i'm perfectly happy without it on there if i'm honest! But if you've got a Type S, although i cannot comment much as i never owned a Type S, if you're getting the same economy wise as a Type R.. Then i'd definitely chop it in and get the Type R instead! even if it's just to put a few more grins on your face as a Fiesta ST rocks up next to you and you leave them behind! ;):ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! Swear I鈥檝e seen this car still on autotrader? Sorry, I鈥檝e been looking for one for weeks and this caught my eye a few times and I could never get a response from the garage. You buying it is probably the reason 馃槀 enjoy mate!
Hey Caza! Many Thanks! haha well if this was a few months ago then it is possible! as i did buy the car a couple of months back lol

Registered
CW GT
Thanks Mando! haha yes i very much like the offset of colours myself! debating changing the mirror caps to black and then the door handles and fuel cap to those carbonmyride ones maybe to better offset it a bit more? 馃
Go gloss black like the 9th gen it would look superb. Not a fan of carbon fibre finding the same fake weave patter on all would be tricky.

Registered
Damn she looks beaut! - Liking the yellow calipers for some reason.
Trying to decide which colour i do mine, deffo on the 'potential' list.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn she looks beaut! - Liking the yellow calipers for some reason.
Trying to decide which colour i do mine, deffo on the 'potential' list.
Thanks Glacier! yes i get asked often the question "Why are they painted yellow?" to which i have no reply as i don't even know myself why the prev. owner chose that over red.. but i'm growing to them i must say :LOL: lol

Registered
Carlito nice car and colour (I'm biased)

I've had the HKS before car ran with flat spots and heat soak I wouldn't advise it, instead get a cold air intake like Injen, I run this with front fog light scoops that replace the fogs and it's wayyy better

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carlito nice car and colour (I'm biased)

I've had the HKS before car ran with flat spots and heat soak I wouldn't advise it, instead get a cold air intake like Injen, I run this with front fog light scoops that replace the fogs and it's wayyy better
Hi Jay! Thanks for the insight, very interesting point you raise there as i know you can buy the Tegiwa heat shield for them too cant you? but even then without vents on the bonnet, its only sucking in Warm air from the engine bay really isnt it? (minus obviously the small intake duct airflow that comes from the bottom half of the air filter)

Will definitely have a look at the Injen system you mentioned.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts