2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just thought I would say hello. I have had a Civic Type R for a month or so now after my last car was written off.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello, I bought a type S GT after my renault megane cc was written off, the wife did it, nobody hurt that's the main thing, and I go a much better car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Craig - welcome to the Forum, I'm quite new myself, but im sure you'll love this website.

If you a proud owner of a Type R, some pics would be great :p

Nice one

Jase

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The jury is still out on the Type R to be honest. There are somethings that I guess I'll need to get used too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The jury is still out on the Type R to be honest. There are somethings that I guess I'll need to get used too.
What you finding hard to adjust to?

From reading alot of posts on this forum, it seems as if the Civic is a change, but a change for the better. How you finding it at the moment?

I havent got mine yet, coming next week, so would welcome your review (so-far)?

Jase

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Craigc welcome to civinfo. :) What was your "last car" was it an ep3 :?:
My last car was a Ford Focus ST 3. Only had it a couple of months as someone run into me and wrote it off. Never owned a Honda or any other car from Japan.

The Civic lacks mid range grunt in my opinion but my last couple of cars have been more powerful.

The other gripe is the harsh ride on the Type R.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Be welcome,

Be cautious with your Spaceship ;-)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
My last car was a Ford Focus ST 3. Only had it a couple of months as someone run into me and wrote it off. Never owned a Honda or any other car from Japan.

The Civic lacks mid range grunt in my opinion but my last couple of cars have been more powerful.

The other gripe is the harsh ride on the Type R.
Did you get a decent test drive before you bought it. :?:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car I test drove only had 200 miles on it but didn't stop me revving it to 7k

TBH I think half the problem is the bad roads in Edinburgh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought it was fine on the test drive. For me there are only two hot hatches out there worth getting. The Focus ST and The Civic type R. My Focus died so I got a Civic. Residules of the Civic should be better along with cheaper running costs so that kind of swayed me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts