2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just bought a 56 plate 1.8 iVTEC EX with leather seats, in Galaxy Grey, from Bassetts Honda in Bridgend. Will be collecting the car this Saturday. This will be my third Civic, currently have an 03 plate 2.0 Type S and have previous owned a N plate 1.5 Coupe LSi. Found this site while looking for information on the Sat Nav and voice control systems on Google & decided it looked like something I'd like to be part of.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! Yes, there is a fantastic amount of information here and some really knowledgeable people. Good luck with your forthcoming spaceship. Enjoy !

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome Rob, to the very addictive ciVinfo,

Dont forget to order your sticker mate :)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll be calling on the groups knowledge, I've never owned such a complex looking & feature packed car. Only 2 days to go!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hi Rob,

I traded in an 52 plate Type S for a 2.2CDTi.
The diesel suits my driving style much better than the petrol. The Type S was great for showing off to Golf GTi drivers, but I am more a laid back let the torque do the work rather than rev, rev for maximum power!
It will be interesting to hear your opinion on how the 1.8 compares to the 2.0 of the old car.

Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Rob, I bought may car from Bassetts in Bridgend, no problems at all, they were excellent with me. Good luck with the new car.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Rob,

I traded in an 52 plate Type S for a 2.2CDTi.
The diesel suits my driving style much better than the petrol. The Type S was great for showing off to Golf GTi drivers, but I am more a laid back let the torque do the work rather than rev, rev for maximum power!
It will be interesting to hear your opinion on how the 1.8 compares to the 2.0 of the old car.

Cheers,

Terry
It feels very similar. I haven't really given it a "good going over" yet though. Doesn't feel much slower (if it all) so far. Accelerator, clutch and gear change all feel near identical to the Type S. The steering and handling are much better, much more confident going round the twisties.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
HI Rob, I have just bought the same car in the same colour picking it up on Saturday. how are you finding it?
Hi. I'm very pleased with it. There's a few rattles from the boot area on uneven roads, but that's the only real problem.
Things I Like:
HID headlights look great in the dark, Sat Nav compares very well to stand alone units, colour is different without being barsh, auto wipers are really good in light drizzle/intermetant rain, HFT is handy when someone calls you while driving, magic rear seats give you loads of cargo space with minimal fuss, car stands out a mile from others in this class.
Things I Don't Like:
Never used the cruise control, the voice activation system seems to exist only to make it possible to operate Sat Nav while driving (all other functions are just as easy, if not easier, to operate using the buttons/switches), never used the auto lights function (manual even recommends you don't use it at night?????), standard gearknob is very cheap looking- get the sports leather one from your dealer.
Hoping to put some pictures of mine up when the weather is consistantly better & I clean it. Hope you enjoy!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Hi Mate,

Welcome aboard.

Tom

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Rob - welcome and maybe see you around ...... :)
Hi. Were you around the Sarn area this morning, about 11-11.30 am, reg LC57 ***? Saw a black Type-R on the road heading towards Bryncethin from the roundabouts.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Hi. Were you around the Sarn area this morning, about 11-11.30 am, reg LC57 ***? Saw a black Type-R on the road heading towards Bryncethin from the roundabouts.
'fraid not. Normally seen stretching my legs on the A48 Cardiff bound each morning, then the M4 to return. I'm CK07 *** (with a sticker :D) and will keep my eye out for you. Happy driving .....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts