2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of a 56 plate Civic Type S 2.2 i-CTDi. I've previously owned an 03 Type S 2.0 VTEC, and I've been a big fan of Honda since my Dad bought his first Accord too many years ago(!).

I really love my car, and it will be great to share that enthusiasm with like minded individuals.

I'm looking to get a diesel tuning box soon too...:D

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
And you are quite right to be proud.
Great choice, you will love it...
Welcome to the site and I bet you never knew there was so much to learn on here.
(Hope it is warmer in Bognor than it is in Cheshire!!)

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome!!

Glad you are enjoying your civvie :D

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Welcome FB77,

I think you are the 3rd person on here to change from a 2.0 Type-S to a latest Civic, and you are the second (after me!) to go for diesel rather than the 1.8petrol.
What were your reasons?

Terry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome all!

As for the diesel, Terry, it made complete sense to me.

Only 0.1 seconds slower (0-62, on paper), much better fuel economy, and, most importantly awesome TORQUE! As I'm sure you know only too well, the fun begins at only 2,000 RPM...so no more crazy revving. That's more like it.

I admit, it was the fuel economy that was pushing me, but I didn't realise how much fun diesels were to drive. :eek:

I know people love theire 1.8s (and their 1.4s) too, and I'm certainly not knocking them, but there was only one engine in the running for me.

I will never go back now, I've been converted to the D-side! ;)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hi FB77,
My first diesel too.
In my 2.0 Type-S I averaged 33mpg. Having come from a 2.0 Mondeo where I averaged 35MPG on th esame journeys I expected better from the Honda, being smaller/lighter/newer.
The dealer could find nothing wrong, so I had to stick with it.
In the 2.2 I have averaged 45MPG (my figures fill to fill, the car puts it at 47MPG) since I got it 14 months ago, so I am very happy!
Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Terry, that pretty much sums my experience too - bar the Mondeo bit!

Here's to happy Civic diesel motoring. :)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hi Fb77,

If only the Hondas were built as well as the Fords. My last Mondeo did get a new set of alloys at half price due to corrosion around the valves.
My Type-S had rust problems around the rear wheel arches and along the bottonm of the passenger rear door, needed a rear wheel bearing and had 4 new wheels due to corrosion. All under warranty. In fact I got fed up with the problems and changed for my current car about 6-12 months sooner than I had intended.
Frying pan and fire spring to mind, as this Civic still has assorted rattles/noises that I complain about and has been back to the dealer for rework too many times (4 so far), but it is a great car.

Terry

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Bienvenue !
Welcome !

As you i'm converted to the D-side ! ANd the Honda is for his class the best motor i've tested...

Use the wiki section and the search button as much as you can to learn most of the things you can dream about your spaceship.

Don't forget to give your feelings about your dealer (in the Wiki section) once you've got your spaceship.

And after having driven your new ride for some times don't forget to fulfill the various surveys.

If you need specific answer to your questions, do not hesitate to create new threads, there are always lot of people ready to help !

You will see this place is the place to be if you like or if you have trouble with your car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts