2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

My name is Matt and I'm a long time Civic driver (had a 6th gen 1.4 and a 7th gen 1.6 Sport).

A couple of weeks ago, I crashed and wrote off my 2005 7th gen Sport (slid on a greasy road and crashed into a wall - I'm fine BTW ;) ). Had it since 2007, just passed its MOT and put new front tyres on it a couple of weeks before - disappointing!

So, once my insurance money comes through, and hopefully a little wiser for the experience I'll be off looking for an 8th gen. Hoping to snag an ES or EX - fancy a go of this cruise control business - my right ankle gives me trouble after a long drive thanks to a football injury.

Anyway, I joined up as part of my research. If the 8th gen passes the test drive, I'll let you know what I got and how I got on.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hello Matt and welcome to :civinfo: :)

Wish you good luck in finding the right car, cruise control is a big bonus for long drives. It is for this reason I now prefer autos too, I just be getting old!

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
They are lovely cars mate I love my 2007 1.8 es, the sunroof is so cool :) I love mine puts a smile on my face. They are not slow and still comfortable enough for journeys with cruise and I get good mpg too, highly recommend

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all you friendly folks :)

After 7 years of driving a 1.6, why not look for a car with a little poke like the Type R?

Welcome!
It's a nice thought but I'm not going to be in a particular hurry for a while. Turn up late and in one piece, that's my new motto. A 1.8 will easily be quick enough for my requirements ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for all the welcoming messages, this is probably the warmest welcome I've ever encountered on an internet forum :)

I've got my sights set on a 2008 1.8 EX, have arranged to go see it tomorrow. Hope it drives as good as it looks in the photos the dealer sent me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Decided to take the plunge and buy it. Pissing with rain here so not the best day for taking shiny car pics. Will share when I'm able to do so.

Unfortunately I seem to have acquired a faulty outside air temperature sensor (the --- or -40 reading) so will be looking to get that repaired pronto as I'd like working AC/climate control ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts